Savannah's Colonial Park Cemetery God's Acre Tour
This was Shannon Scott's original 1990's tour that started everything! Colonial Park Cemetery serves as the biggest story graveyard in the whole Historic District! Its the oldest patch of city land one can visit and where you'll see materials far older than the surrounding Victorian City. In Savannah's colonial hours, this is where every town meeting, picnic, wedding, duel and public execution was conducted! Eventually it would be the final resting place of Gen Nathanael Greene, 2 signers of The Declaration of Independence, merchants, priests, paupers, soldiers and just about every character that gave blood, sweat and tears to the early colony and later nation. Less we forget how Yellow Fever turned it all into a mass grave resulting in the permanent closure in 1853. Discussions also extend to the Root Doctor culture ritualism, The Old City Jail, Conrad Aiken Birthplace, Dueling Grounds and all complete with visual images to enhance the experience.
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Includes Entrance, Narrated Tour
- Entry/Admission - Colonial Park Cemetery
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colonial Park Cemetery, 200 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31401
Our storyists will tour you through Savannah'a oldest extant cemetery narrating the lives of the characters and other nearby highlights such as The Old City Jail, Conrad Aiken Birthplace, Negro Burial Ground, Henry Ford Fire Dept and more.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Colonial Park Cemetery, 200 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.