Savannah Food Tour of the Historic District by Bus
Feast on Savannah's finger lickin’ fine food on a 3-hour 15 mile loop of Savannah as well as a tour of the Historic District by bus and parts of the city outside the downtown area. With a guide passionate about food from America’s deep south, visit five of Savannah’s much-loved local eateries to sample dishes that have formed the backbone of Georgian cuisine. Try succulent southern BBQ meat, learn about the origins of soul food, and sample the best examples of southern home cooking at Paula Deen’s The Lady and Son’s Restaurant. A hearty appetite is compulsory.
What's included :
- Food sample
- Transport by bus
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- Start your experience with a hotel pickup for a small surcharge (payable locally) or alternatively, meet your guide at Savannah Visitor Center, and then head off to explore the Historic District by air-conditioned bus and enjoy a 15 mile loop of Savannah. Sit in comfort and relax as your guide talks to you about Savannah’s history and the legacy it left on its cuisine.
Soul food features heavily on many a Savannah menu, harking back to the days when the south’s African-American slaves used humble, rustic ingredients to cook up wholesome and tasty treats. With frying as the favored cooking method plus a ready abundance of local ingredients, the region’s cuisine found its character and the term ‘soul food’ was born.
While hearing about the city’s food history, enjoy several food stops to sample the dishes for yourself. Venues change on each tour, but samples that you may try include stellar staples such as fried green tomatoes, Georgian peach tea, southern BBQ meat, soul food dishes and, of course, desserts! Travel between most of the 6 stops by bus, and occasionally stretch your legs to walk around the Historic District.
Additionally, all tours always include a stop at the legendary The Lady and Son’s Restaurant, run by ex-Food Network presenter, Paula Deen. Serving up the tastiest of home-style comfort food, the restaurant regularly has wait lines for tables that spill onto the streets. Head inside to learn about the food, and sample a taster of one of the popular dishes.
After three hours exploring Savannah Historic District, return back to the start point where your food tour finishes.
Departure Point :Savannah for Morons: Comedy Trolley Tour, 301 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2-guests per booking
- A maximum of 24 people can fit on the bus
- Dress code includes comfortable walking shoes and weather-appropriate clothes
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.