Santorini Island Day Trip from Rethymno
Many reasons have made Santorini famous globally.
Most of us have seen pictures of Santorini/Thira as the island often has been used in the world promotion of Greece as a tourist attraction. The blue and white colours are the characteristic of this volcano island which scientists often relate to the mythical island of Atlantis.
From Crete we travel by catamaran to Santorini. In the harbour in Santorini a bus and guide will be waiting for you to take you up on the island to visit Oia, the most northern part on the island. In Oia you can walk along the cliff side and enjoy the beautiful views over the sea, characteristic buildings and surrounding islands. The bus will also take you to the capital of the island, Thira, a jet set town full of exciting boutiques, cafés and restaurants where you will have some time to explore the town on your own.
In the afternoon the bus will take you back to the harbour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- English – speaking Guide
- Round trip economy ferry ticket Crete-Santorini-Crete
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santorini, Santorini, Cyclades, South Aegean
Cruise to world-famous Santorini Island, one of the most picturesque islands in the Mediterranean. Visit Oia and Fira and walk along the breathtaking cliffs of the Santorini caldera. Enjoy a guided tour of the island as well as free time to explore at your leisure. Take the opportunity of a short cruise during your stay on Crete and make a day trip to the neighboring island of Santorini. The boat trip takes about 2-3 hours. On arrival in the former volcanic crater of Santorini look high up on the crater rim, where the houses of Thira lie like a white pearl necklace. After arriving in the harbor of the island the buses are waiting for you to explore the most famous places in Santorini. The journey will bring you to picturesque village of Oia and Thira and optionally visit the black beach of Perissa.
In the early evening you will travel back to Crete.
Picturesque white houses perched on the rocky hills of Oia
Breathtaking views from the highest point on the island
Leisurely downhill stroll from beautiful Imerovigli to Fira
Traditional Greek settlements on a scenic island
Free time to explore Fira at your own pace.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Lobby or nearby appointed location
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We offer the tour to Santorini from Rethymno Tuesdays and Saturdays, and from Heraklion Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.