Santa Ynez Valley Wine by Bike Tour
After pickup from your hotel, set out in the morning by luxury van to the Santa Ynez Valley. On arrival, the winery staff hosts will offer a selection of wines by the glass or bottle while your guide prepares your cycling equipment. Once you're fitted with a comfortable bicycle, you'll pedal on to the second winery and purchase lunch at the winery or local restaurant. You'll pass by several beautiful ranches & other points of interest, such as Summerset Farm & Dale's Nursery, Ponzo Equine Center & the quaint town of Ballard. Cold beverages & water are provided throughout the day.
Our two most frequented favorites on this bike tour are The Brander Vineyard & Rideau Vineyard. Each establishment offers vintages & award-winning selections & may extend discounts on wine purchases. You'll gain insight into specific blends & selections from the winery staff, including managers & winemakers who may appear at private tours.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Gourmet Picnic Lunch - vegetarian, vegan, & gluten-free options are available
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine Tasting Fees at 2 wineries.
- Bottled water - Re-usable water bottles that can be re-filled at stops throughout the tour
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - The Brander Vineyard
- Entry/Admission - Rideau Vineyard
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity: It is customary, but optional, to tip your guide if you had a positive experience.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
Meet your guide at your central Santa Barbara hotel and board a comfortable air-conditioned luxury passenger van. Enjoy the views as you leave the city behind and head into the Santa Ynez Valley to explore the vineyard filled countryside.
Pick ups are also available from Santa Ynez Valley and Solvang.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Brander Vineyard, 2401 N Refugio Rd, Santa Ynez, CA 93460-9321
We love going to Brander because it feels like you are stepping into a mini-castle. Established in 1975, the Brander Vineyard is the oldest family operated estate winery in Santa Barbara County. Their founder, Fred Brander, gained a passion for the wines in France in the early 1970s. Shortly thereafter he recognized the Santa Ynez Valley near Santa Barbara as an ideal microlimate to produce top-quality Bordeaux varietals. The Brander Vineyard is situated in a kind of viticultural Goldilocks zone with a climate that is ideal for growing and producing the classically-styled, Bordeaux varietals. Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon, varieties for which Fred Brander served as a pioneer in planting, flourish in this area. Wineries visited vary based on availability and group size. This is one of our many partners that we often visit on our wine and bike tours, but it is also available upon request.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Flying C Ranch, 3600 Roblar Ave, Santa Ynez, CA 93460, USA
Catch a glimpse of award winning Icelandic horses as you bike past this beautiful ranch in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Pass By: Summerset Farm, 3450 Baseline Ave, Santa Ynez, CA 93460, USA
Open seasonally from May through December, this locally run farm allows guests to meander through and purchase seasonal produce, including peppers, corn, berries, grapes and apples. During October, it operates as the local pumpkin patch. Stops along the bike route can range from just passing by to about 10 minutes, depending on guests interests and itinerary.
Pass By: Ponzo Equine Center, 3005 Baseline Ave, Santa Ynez, CA 93460, USA
Spot horses as you bike past yet another one the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley ranches, also home to an equine veterinary clinic.
Stop At: Rideau Vineyard, 1562 Alamo Pintado Rd, Solvang, CA 93463-9756
From the tree-lined path that escorts you off of the main road and out of the “real world,” to the historic El Alamo Pintado Adobe that serves as our tasting room, to the gentle sounds of rustling vines, live music, and new friends mingling over a glass of wine, the Rideau tasting room experience is unlike anything you’ve had before. In fact, we feel it’s the absolute ideal locale in which to enjoy their wines. We will also enjoy lunch during our visit. Wineries visited vary based on availability and group size. This is one of our many partners that we visit and may be available upon request.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1 Garden St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up/drop off at all hotels, vacation rentals and private accommodations in Santa Barbara and the Santa Ynez Valley. Alternatively you can meet us at the Santa Barbara Visitors Center at 1 Garden St, Santa Barbara. Airports
- Santa Barbara Municipal Airport, 500 James Fowler Rd, Santa Barbara, CA 93117
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are actively following directives & guidelines of local, state & federal authorities to mitigate the possibility of COVID-19 exposure for guests & employees.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.