Santa Marta Old City + Quinta de San Pedro + Gold Museum + Taganga's Bay Tour
Santa Marta was once called The Pearl of America by the Spaniards. Nowadays it deserves its name for being a natural and historical treasure for Colombia. If you want to know more and learn why join us in this private full-day tour around its most emblematic places. Visit the historical center and the Tayrona Gold Museum, and then, the Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino, death place of Simón Bolivar, and finish the tour by visiting one of its most famous bays: Taganga.
• Historical landmarks of Santa Marta city
• A walk along the old city and a guided tour in the Tayrona Gold Museum
• A trip to Taganga’s Bay, one of the most important in Santa Marta
• A visit and guided tour inside Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino, Simon Bolivar’s death place
• Unforgettable memories of the oldest city of the country.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Gran Colombia Tours Guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- All Risk Insurance
- Entry/Admission - Centro Historico de Santa Marta
- Entry/Admission - Museo del Oro Tairona - Casa de la Aduana
- Entry/Admission - Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centro Historico de Santa Marta, Cra. 24 Av.del Ferrocarril, Santa Marta, Santa Marta Municipality Colombia
Santa Marta was founded in 1525. It is the oldest city of Colombia, and the second oldest in Latin America. Its colonial houses, streets, natural parks, and bays hold the country and city’s history of indigenous roots and Spanish conquest.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Taganga, Taganga, Santa Marta Municipality, Magdalena Department
Taganga is a small fishing village surrounded by cliffs on both sides and with great panoramic views of the Caribbean and the imposing mountains of the region
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museo del Oro Tairona - Casa de la Aduana, Carrera 2 con Calle 14, Parque Bolivar, Santa Marta, Santa Marta Municipality 470004 Colombia
Tayrona Gold Museum, where the vestiges of the metalwork done by ethnic groups of the region remain and resist the passing of time.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Av. del Libertador, sin numero Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino, Santa Marta, Santa Marta Municipality Colombia
La Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino, a 17th-century hacienda, which is nowadays one of the most recognized and touristic spots in Santa Marta for being home and death place to Simon Bolivar, the “father of South American independence”. Learn about his life and enjoy its enormous gardens and patios covered by the trees’ shade before going to a whole different place.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Santa Marta, Santa Marta, Santa Marta Municipality, Magdalena Department
Be a witness of the contrasts between Santa Marta’s past and present in this city tour around its main spots.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up our clients anywhere within Santa Marta city - hotels, hostels, Airbnb, vacation rentals,points of interest, and also at Simón Bolivar International Airport.Airports
- Simon Bolivar Airport, Santa Marta, Santa Marta Municipality Colombia
- Rafael Núñez International Airport, Crespo Calle 70, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- Santa Marta, Magdalena, Colombia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- If you have a layover in Santa Marta please select the airport or cruise ship terminal as a pick-up point for the layover tour.
- Be aware this tour is walking.
- Gold Museum closed on Mondays, however our guide will give you options for another museum according to your interests
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- At Gran Colombia Tours we ensure your well-being and safety. Our team of tour guides, drivers, and collaborators are prepared to assist you by complying with all biosecurity protocols. We protect ourselves from COVID-19 with all the measures to welcome you back.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.