Sankhu - Bajrayogini - Manichur Hike | Hike for Nepal
Sankhu is an ancient Newari town located just 17 km away from Kathmandu city. Once an important stop on the old trade route from Kathmandu to Lhasa, its rich cultural heritage and traditional lifestyle make it a must-visit place for anyone who wants to get away at least for a day from the humdrum of routine work and the pollution of Kathmandu city. The famous Vajrayogini Temple built by Hindu King Prakash Malla in 1655 is one of the best tourist attractions of Sankhu. We will start our hike from Sankhu visiting Vajrayogini Temple and ascend towards Manichaur passing through different villages and jungle with beautiful landscapes. We will walk uphill for about 3 hours. We will have a fun-filled introduction program at the top of the hill and will descend back to Sankhu bus park in about 2 hours.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Except our inclusion we won't be serving anything additional. SORRY for that!
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sankhu Village, Between Kathmandu And Lhasa, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Sankhu is an ancient Newari town located just 17 km away from Kathmandu city.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bajrayogini, 44600, Nepal
Bajrayogini is a village and former Village Development Committee that is now part of the Shankharapur Municipality in Kathmandu District in Province No. 3 of central Nepal. At the time of the 1991 Nepal census, it had a population of 3798 and had 632 houses in it
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Paknajol Marg 26, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offered
We will start our journey from Dom Himalaya Hotel, Paknajol. Airports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.