San Telmo Colonial
In this tour you will discover the architecture of the “Belle Epoque”, reflected in the palaces that were inhabited by the most aristocratic families of Buenos Aires.
Alvear Avenue, the most aristocratic in the city, has many palaces and mansions that were inhabited by the most powerful class in the country. These buildings, now mostly transformed into hotels and embassies, show the prevailing style of the Belle Epoque, the Academicism of the Beaux-Arts school, a rage at that time in France and copied by that Buenos Aires that wanted to transform itself into Paris from Southamerica. Our tour continues through the Retiro neighborhood, passing through the beautiful Arroyo street, recently put into value, culminating in San Martin square that honors the father of the Argentine homeland.
We will learn everything not only about the Academicist architecture but also about how these families who ruled the country lived for almost 40 decades.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided service by architect and guide specialized in architectural history
What's excluded :
- Drinks, meals, transportation, others are not included. Only tour in charge of the specialized guide.
Our tour will be a walk of approximately two hours from Parque Lezama or along Defense Street to discover the architectural highlights of this neighborhood that is the smallest in the city of Buenos Aires until the beginning of the Paseo de las Historietas in the corner of Defense and Chile. A walking tour that will allow us to understand and know the roots of the city from the architecture of the colonial era as that provided by the different migratory currents that arrive in the country from the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century. The colonial baroque as well as the Conventillo, the cobbled streets, the market and the lanterns among others will be the protagonists of this magical journey.
• Museo Historico Nacional, Defensa 1600, Buenos Aires C1143AAH Argentina
• Casa Minima, Pasaje San Lorenzo, 380, Buenos Aires 1065 Argentina
• Parroquia de San Pedro Gonzalez Telmo, Humberto Primero 340, Buenos Aires Argentina
• Plaza Dorrego, 400 Huberto 1, Buenos Aires Argentina
• Mercado de San Telmo, Defensa 963, Buenos Aires Argentina
• La Casa de Esteban de Luca, Defensa 1000, Buenos Aires Argentina
• El Zanjon de Granados, Calle Defensa 755 San Telmo, Buenos Aires C1065AAM Argentina
• Pasaje de la Defensa, Calle Defensa 1179, Buenos Aires C1065AAU Argentina
• Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires, Avenida San Juan 350, Buenos Aires C1147AAO Argentina
• Galeria El Solar de French, Calle Defensa 1066 At Humberto I San Telmo, Buenos Aires 1065 Argentina
• Paseo de la Historieta, Defensa y Chile, Buenos Aires Argentina
Departure Point :Museo Histórico Nacional, Defensa 1600, C1143 CABA, Argentina
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- It is not recommended for children. only in a baby carriage if desired.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- maximum 2 people for each ride to guarantee social distance You do not enter any closed place during the tour
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.