San Sebastián Food Tour: Pintxos and Wine
Visit three of San Sebastián’s award-winning 'pintxos' bars on an evening food tour, led by a food-loving local guide. A Basque Country speciality, pintxos is tapas in miniature form, consisting of bite-sized treats that are beautiful to look at and even better to taste! Sample house specialties like local spider crab and try classic Basque tipples such as txakoli wine while learning about the history of Basque region cuisine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- 3 glasses of wine or local aperitif
- 6 pintxos (local snacks)
- A soft drink for passengers under 18 years of age
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old Town, Donostia-San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Pinxtos: Spanish snacks popular in Basque country; more or less Basque tapas. Now we've got the definition out of the way, time to get our eat on! Journey through San Sebastian with a local guide on this culture and tapas tour and learn all about the culture of Basque country through its delicious flavors and experiencing the city first-hand.
Our San Sebastian walking and food tour will start with a wander through the Old Town, absorbing the atmosphere and learning the need-to-know about the culture and history of the city. It’s imperative that you know the background of what you’re about to experience; for instance, do you know what a sagardotegi or sociedad gastronomica is? Not to worry, your local guide will tell you all you need to know, and more!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: San Sebastian - Donostia, San Sebastian - Donostia, Province of Guipuzcoa, Basque Country
Once you’re a master of Basque culture, it’s only appropriate that we dive right in and immerse you in the culture of bars, socialising, and pintxos! We’ll take you out of the Old Town to the bars where locals not only enjoy their pintxos, but also relax and meet with friends. We’ll taste some of the most important flavours of Basque cuisine (including some dishes prepared by pintxo competition winners!), as well as local wines. The pintxos we will present to you are the best reflection of modern Basque gastronomy: they preserve the heritage of tastes and flavours of Basque cuisine while the presentation will be like a modern piece of art (tasty, tasty art...).
You’ll finish this San Sebastian city tour full of knowledge with a taste of delicious pintxos. And always remember: pintxos are not only something that you eat, but the culture of eating them is also a way of socialising and a way of life for the locals - so dig in!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Kaimingaintxo Plaza, 20003 Donostia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Departure Time :6:30 PM
Return Detail :Donostia-San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- This tour is a culture + food tour. You will not receive a full meal, but will get to sample six snacks (pintoxs) throughout the tour. In addition to learning about Basque gastronomy and digging in to the pintxos, enjoy a walking tour of the city and get to know San Sebastián like a local — by walking and eating!
- We can accommodate some dietary restrictions, please contact us in advance.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures have received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.