San Sebastian: Fire & Iron - Back to the XV century
Transfer to Legazpi from San Sebastian, where the museum and park of one of the few forges still in operation is located.
The Basque Iron Museum shows us the keys to understanding the history and importance of iron in the Basque Country.
The route continues with a visit to the workshop of one of the world's best-known metal artists, Eduardo Chillida.
After the visit, we will visit the Sanctuary of Arantzazu, which is located in the heart of Euskadi. As well as being a centre of unequalled spirituality, it is also one of the most representative examples of contemporary Basque art, since in 1950 it was rebuilt with the participation of Sáenz de Oiza, Oteiza, Chillida, Basterretxea...
In Arantzazu itself, we will enjoy a menu in a typical restaurant of the area.
After lunch, we will head to Chillida Leku, the museum where many of Eduardo Chillida's works are exhibited.
Transfer back to San Sebastian.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off in Hotels in the city centre of San Sebastián
- Private guide for the whole experience
- Ticket for the Iron Museum
- Ticket for Chillida Lantoki
- Guided visit of Arantzazu Sanctuary
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant
- Ticket for Chillida Leku
- Entry/Admission - Ferrería de Mirandaola Burdinola
- Entry/Admission - Chillida Leku
What's excluded :
- Anything that is not in the included section
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ferrería de Mirandaola Burdinola, Parque de Mirandaola, 20230 Legazpi, Gipuzkoa, Spain
The Basque Iron Museum shows us the keys to understanding the history and importance of iron in the Basque Country. We will learn about old trades such as forgers, miners (a beautiful model shows a mine) or charcoal burners who, through the representation of a life-size charcoal burner, take us into this tough trade, where we will also learn about the history of the most beloved and famous charcoal burner in the Basque Country, Olentzero (equivalent to Santa Claus).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chillida Leku, Barrio Jauregui 66 Hernani, Gipuzkoa, 20120 Spain
As per description
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up in Hotels in San Sebastian City Centre
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Due to the special situation we are living in. All transportation services will be private and according to the new security standards.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.