San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle
On this full-day air and land adventure, soar over Seattle and Puget Sound in a private seaplane to the wild outer San Juan Islands. Your guide will lead you on a 1-1.5-hour excursion over forested trails, along wild beaches above rugged cliffs that ring the island.
During the hike, you’ll learn about the area's natural history and your guide will show you the best photo spots. As we go, we’ll keep an eye out for wildlife. We frequently spot bald eagles, harbor seals, sea lions, and harbor porpoises.
Enjoy a delicious picnic and drinks before flying back to Seattle for flyby of the waterfront and the Space Needle.
-Escape to wild outer San Juan Islands on a 1 hour 40 minutes round-trip seaplane flight.
-Land at a beach and explore the island on a guided naturalist hike.
-Indulge in a delicious chef-prepared picnic lunch amidst the island’s beauty.
-Fly by the Seattle waterfront, Lake Union, and the Space Needle.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1 hour 40 minutes round-trip flight in Cessna 185 or de Havilland Beaver seaplane
- 2 hour guided excursion on the island with a certified guide
- Live commentary on board the seaplane from your pilot and wilderness guide
- Pick-up and drop-off within the downtown Seattle area and the Seattle cruise terminals
- Chef-prepared picnic lunch with mixed beverages
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (not required, but customarily equal to about 15-20% of your package's price and shared equally between your pilot and wilderness guide)
Your guide will pick you up anywhere in Seattle and drive you approximately 20 minutes to our designated seaplane base at South Lake Washington. Climb aboard a Cessna 185 or deHavilland Beaver seaplane and take off from the lake's calm waters, flying over waterfront estates belonging to Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates.
Cruising at just 800 ft., Seattle's waterfront quickly gives way to Puget Sound's rugged coastline, with hundreds of forested islands below you and glacier-capped peaks that fringe the horizon. As we fly over Puget Sound, learn about the history and culture of the places we fly over. Keep your eyes on the water below. We’ve spotted pods of orcas and grey whales from the air! After about 50-minutes in the air, you’ll land in an isolated lagoon, and the seaplane will taxi to the beach where you'll get out to explore the island.
• Lake Washington, Seattle, WA
• Seattle Waterfront, Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98101
• Space Needle, 400 Broad Street, Seattle, WA 98109-4607
• Whidbey Island, Whidbey Island, Washington
• Lake Union, North of downtown, south of Fremont, Seattle, WA
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels, AirBnB’s, and vacation rentals in downtown Seattle and on the East Side in the Bellevue area. Once you make a booking, we will contact you to confirm your specific pick-up time location. Each day, tour departure times may vary slightly depending on aircraft availability and on the tide schedule.We pick up groups from the cruise terminals all the time and it’s very easy to accommodate. Once you make a booking, we’ll discuss your group’s pick up logistics with you. If you’re staying in an area such as Bellevue, your group’s individual pick up time may vary slightly from our regular schedule in downtown Seattle. When making a booking, be sure to let us know where your group would like to be picked up and we’ll discuss your group’s customized schedule.Airports
- Seattle-Tacoma Intl Airport, 17801 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98158
- Pier 66 Bell St Cruise, Terminal, 2225 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
- Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91, 2001 W Garfield St, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise the supplier of any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. This tour may be canceled up to and including the day of travel due to poor weather or high winds that could hinder safe travel via seaplane. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternate tour date or a full refund.
- This tour includes a moderate amount of walking and hiking on marked trails, but over many uneven surfaces as well as up and small hills. This with concerns about the walking portion of the tour will be welcome to stay with the pilot by the plane on the beach.
- Weather conditions out on the islands can change quickly, so please dress appropriately. Even in sunny weather, you may feel warm when walking but could cool quickly once we stop for a rest. We recommend preparing multiple layers including a t-shirt, insulating layer and a waterproof layer like a shell or windbreaker. Particularly for spring and fall tours, please prepare insulating clothes. Please also wear appropriate footwear such as sturdy soled shoes or sneakers suitable to hiking over uneven terrain.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour includes a 1-hour easy to moderate hike after the plane reaches the island. Up to 2 miles in length, hiking takes place over the beach, rocks, and on marked trails. While there is no significant elevation gain/loss during the course of the hike, guests should feel comfortable walking at a moderate pace over uneven ground with short very short steeper sections. The ground or rocks may be slippery. For guests who do not feel physically able to complete the hike will have the option to remain on the beach to enjoy the scenery and surroundings. Your guide will discuss your level of physical fitness and desired level of physical activity with you after your booking is received.
- This tour's departure time is subject to change on a day to day basis as we need to match our arrival at the island with the tide schedule. If you have any questions about when the tour will be held on the date you're interested in, please contact the supplier.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.