San Juan City tour and surroundings
This half-day City Tour is the ideal excursion to begin to know San Juan. You will have the opportunity to explore corners that defined the history and culture of the province and the country, as well as natural attractions.
An unmissable combination that will serve as an ideal introduction for the beginning of your trip. Do not miss our City Tour of the City of San Juan and surroundings!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guide in English/Spanish
- Pick up/Drop off from central hotels
What's excluded :
- Lunch, food and / or drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Extra expenses not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Casa Natal de Sarmiento, Sarmiento 21 Capital, San Juan 5400 Argentina
Built in 1811, 100 years later the house turned into the first building declared a National Historic Landmark. Upon entering the central patio, you will see the famous fig tree owned by Doña Paula Albarracín, Sarmiento’s mother. You can sit down its shade and take one of the emblematic photos of the history of San Juan.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Catedral de San Juan, Mendoza y Rivadavia, San Juan Argentina
In contrast to almost every city in Argentina, San Juan does not have an ancient cathedral. Its main temple, with Romanesque features, imposing in front of 25 de Mayo Square, is one of the main examples of the reconstruction of the city after the earthquake that destroyed it in 1944.
The San Juan Cathedral was inaugurated on December 16, 1979. and its design is a project by architect Daniel Ramos Correas.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Auditorio Juan Victoria, 25 de Mayo 1215 Oeste, San Juan Argentina
You will discover the concert hall, which is unique in the country. It is a beautiful, comfortable space, with wooden walls and ceiling and a carpeted floor with leather seats. The main element in this space is the German organ with tubes of different materials and sizes.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Parque Dr. Federico Cantoni, Rivadavia, San Juan Argentina
The first approach that we have with the zone of the Zonda is the fantastic park that has different traditional places to visit; this zone dates from principles of the century in which it was a place to spend the summer of many families of San Juan.
Also, we will visit the Garden of the Poets, a park that is within the circuit of the four kilometers to the creek. In this portion of the park, an oval-shaped representation of the provincial coat of arms has been organized with the strategic arrangement of exotic trees and shrubs. This creation can be observed from a lookout point located at 70 meters above sea level, which shows the elements of this important symbol for San Juan's people.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Dique de Ullum, Ruta Prov 60 Pasando presa embalse Ullum, San Juan 5400 Argentina
Before arriving at the Dike you will see the San Juan River with the Aguas Blancas Park, where there is an artificial wave, which was the venue for the last freestyle kayak in 2017.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :San Juan, San Juan Province, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.