San Jose Mine
The San Jose mine is currently in operation, dating from the time of the 1800s, we can meet and share with the mining workers and enter the depths of the mine, share, meet the famous uncle of the mine the protector of the miners, perform the traditional acullicu and meet different mining sites. also at the end of the tour, we can know the famous monument to the Virgin of Socavon erected in lomas alto del cerro and where it is possible to appreciate the city of Oruro in all its magnitude.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- clothing rental to enter the mine: overalls, boots, helmet, flashlight
- Entry/Admission - Las Mina de San Jose
- Entry/Admission - Monumento a la Virgen del Socavon
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Las Mina de San Jose, Mina San Jose, Oruro Bolivia
We pick you up from the meeting point, we go to the San Jose mine located about 15 minutes from the city center, it is currently in charge of the multiactive mining cooperative, there are mining workers waiting for us, who give us the indications of the route, the approximate duration of the mining tour is 3 hours contemplates visiting the uncle of the mine, making the traditional acullicu and touring mining sites in which you can observe the mining exploitation they perform in the place.
Once this tour is finished we go to the monument of the Virgin of the Socavon located in one of the highest points of Oruro.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Monumento a la Virgen del Socavon, Camino a la Virgen, Oruro 521 Bolivia
monument of a height of 45 meters, built in one of the highest points of the city, where you can see the entire city and the gold plateau
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :TANGARA EXPEDICIONES Travel and Adventure, Oruro, Bolivia
Traveler pickup is offered
To start the tour we will pick you up from your hotel or another address that you indicate, we can also wait for you at our offices.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.