San Francisco: Wine Tasting Experience
Sip your way through the Napa and Sonoma Valley’s diverse selection of wine, without ever having to leave San Francisco! Zigzag your way through the buzzing streets with a Local Host who will take you (and your tastebuds!) on an adventure through California’s wine regions and give you the key to understanding its grapes, techniques and wine culture. Visit unique urban wineries which embody the spirit San Fran’s wine culture, blending a laid back attitude with incredible quality to produce full bodied reds and refreshingly crisp whites. Have a Napa experience in the heart of San Francisco, which will be fully personalised to your tastes, and you certainly don’t need to be a wine connoisseur to enjoy it! Discover how to pair wine with food as you sip on six of the region’s reds, whites and Zinfandel rosé and nibble slices of charcuterie and freshly caught seafood, as you stop off urban wineries, hidden wine bars, a waterside eatery and speciality wine stores.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 100% Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- 6 tastings of rose, red and white wines, crusty bread, charcuterie, local cheeses and local oysters or crab
- Authentic local insider knowledege and insights
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- What you'll do
Explore the vibrant streets of San Francisco with a Local Host who is passionate about sharing the very best of the region's wines with you. Discover the city’s wine culture, learn how to pair wine with food and sample six red, white and rosé wines from the Napa and Sonoma Valleys, each glass accompanied by a plate, platter or taster of artisanal local produce.
You don’t have to journey out to Napa Valley to enjoy the region’s exquisite wines, or indulge in long and leisurely tastings which will give you a taste of California’s wine culture. Meander through the city and stop off at unique venues, where your Local Host will choose a different wine for you to try based on your tastes and preferences. Whether at an urban winery, a seafood eatery or a wine bar, you’ll discover the diversity of the regions’s wines and taste how good they are when paired with the right dish!
You’ll sample delicious wines and learn a little about how they’re made, but your experience won’t feel like a typical wine tasting experience reserved for connoisseurs; instead your Local Host will help you understand how drinking wine is part of the culture here, and you’re sure to end your experience with a new favourite wine as well as some new found knowledge about Californian wine.
San Francisco is home to some completely unique urban wineries, where you can have your Napa or Sonoma Valley experience in the heart of downtown San Fran! Your Local Host will take you to two distinct inner city wineries where you can enjoy a flight in their tasting room or sip a glass recommended by your Local Host, accompanied by a charcuterie platter.
As well as sampling boutique wines from the region’s vineyards in these urban wineries, visit a waterside eatery where you’ll be able to enjoy crisp New World whites like crisp Sauvignon Blancs and fruity Chardonnays alongside a platter of freshly caught oysters or crab, straight from the waters of The Bay.
What to expect
* Join a San Francisco Local Host who’s passionate about California’s Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley wines and sharing six of the best with you
* Sample 6 red, white and rosé wines which are distinct to the region, each paired with charcuterie, local breads and cheeses and the freshest seafood straight from The Bay
* Visit unique urban wineries where you can enjoy a glass of wine and learn a little about how it was made
* Your Local Host will share with you the secrets of pairing wine with food, and share with you how and why wine is part of the local culture
* Stroll through the city and soak up the atmosphere as you immerse yourself in its wine culture
* Your experience will be based around your tastes and preferences, and will help you discover local wines that you’ll love
Departure Point :San Francisco, CA, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/19/2018 - 9/19/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host
- Cancellation Policy
- Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
- Meeting Point
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.