San Francisco Urban Hike: Coit Tower, Lombard Street and North Beach
Get ready to climb lots of steps and go off the beaten path on this challenging 5-mile walking tour of San Francisco’s Telegraph Hill, Russian Hill and North Beach neighborhoods. Ascend the Filbert Steps for a close-up view of lovely Coit Tower. Walk up the world-famous crooked section of Lombard Street and discover hidden gems like a tiny park with an amazing view of Alcatraz and the church where Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio had their wedding photos taken.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Narrated city hiking tour
- Entry/Admission - Telegraph Hill
- Entry/Admission - Russian Hill
- Entry/Admission - Lombard Street
- Entry/Admission - North Beach
- Entry/Admission - Filbert Steps
- Entry/Admission - Greenwich Steps
- Entry/Admission - Macondray Lane
- Entry/Admission - Jack Early Park
What's excluded :
- Coit Tower elevator
- Put on your walking shoes and meet your guide at Levi's Plaza Park to begin your 3-hour adventure. Your guide will get your heart pumping right away with a climb up the Filbert Steps, which run along Telegraph Hill. Pause along the way to capture photos of the panoramic views, and keep your eyes open for the wild parrots who call this hill home.
Then, go where few tours can, as you ascend to the top of Telegraph Hill to admire Coit Tower, the 210-foot (64-meter) art deco tower, one of San Francisco’s best-known landmarks. From this vantage point, take in a commanding view of San Francisco, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges, Pier 39 and more.
Continue on to Jack Early Park, a very tiny lookout at the top of a hidden staircase, and take in views of Alcatraz and Pier 39. Next, it’s time to visit the Russian Hill neighborhood and walk up the famous curvy section of Lombard Street that is commonly referred to as the world’s crookedest street.
Throughout your tour, your knowledgeable guide will share facts about the sights you see and historical anecdotes. You’ll also see some pop culture landmarks, such as Macondray Lane, which was the inspiration for Barbary Lane in Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City novels, and Saints Peter and Paul Church, where Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio had their wedding photos taken.
Soak up the atmosphere of North Beach, San Francisco’s Italian neighborhood, before ending your 5-mile urban hike by descending the Greenwich Steps back to your starting point.
Departure Point :Levi's Plaza, 1160 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to the distance and intensity of the hike, this tour is not recommended for children 12 years and younger
- Tour runs rain or shine. If it is raining and you would prefer not to attend, you may reschedule or request a refund
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots and dressing in layers is recommended
- Bringing water is recommended
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.