Samoan Cultural and Mangrove Eco Adventure
Touch the hidden side of Samoa. Sample the traditional cuisine of Samoa and learn about village life from a Paramount Matai (chief). At Fituafe's Indigenous Vai Villas kayak through winding and dense mangroves to dip this in Safata Bay. Witness firsthand climbing a coconut tree and how coconut cream is naturally made.
Fituafe's Indigenous Vai Villas Samoa, located on the central and beautiful south coast of Upolu, is an authentic and rich blend of sustainability, ecology, culture, marine sanctuary, exercise and fun. Kayak through the overhanging mangroves, twisting and turning your way 1.5km to the estuary and beach on Safata Bay. Return through the mangroves.
Watch a young Samoan lad scale a coconut tree to fetch a mature coconut ready for making coconut cream. Fituafe, our Paramount Chief, will explain the land, mangrove tour, legends of the area and people. A scrumptious, authentic Samoan meal on the verandah of the Vai Villa Lodge is your finale.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Bottled water refills (please bring your own water bottle)
- Dinner or Lunch - depending on tour time
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off Apia only. Please contact us for options if you are staying outside of Apia.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Apia. Please contact us for options if you are staying outside of Apia.
- Departure Time
Sundays: 9.00am - 3.00pm
Cruise Days: Varies to suit
• We begin with leisurely drive through the rich agricultural hinterland of Aleisa, an route rarely taken by visitors
• A welcome to Fituafe's Indigenous Vai Villas where you will experience the preparation of a traditional Samoan meal, including collecting fresh coconuts form the tree and turning them into coconut cream the authentic way
• Whilst waiting for your meal kayak through eco important Mangroves and on to an estuary swim at the secluded Safata Bay
• Return to your Traditional Samoan consisting of produce from the family plantations with traditionally prepared taro, banana, palusami, oka, pan fried yellowfin tuna or albacore accompanied by a salad of water cress, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado
• Paramount Matai (Chief) Fituafa will introduce you to, and explain the ways and life in a Samoan village
• On the way back to Apia stop at Cross Island Road Roadside to view the spectacular 110m Papapapaitai Falls
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up and drop off to all central Apia Hotels. If you are staying outside of Apia we can meet you at the Sheraton Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows parking lot.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Basic kayak experience is required - paddle may include currents due to incoming/outgoing tide
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.