SAMARIA GORGE: One of the most important in Europe From Rethymnon
Grab your proper shoes and get ready for the 16km hike! Get ready for a lifetime experience and be ready to have your breath taken away by the astonishing view.
The descent of the gorge will start early in the morning and it will last about 5-6 hours (depending on the visitor). Along the length of the gorge you will cross a wonderful landscape with little lakes, huge rocks discovered by the bed of the torrent.
All together we will get on the boat with destination the city of Sfakia the CHECKINCRETA’s bus will waiting for us to take us back to the hotel.
It’s necessary to have with you a hat, sunscreen, a bottle of water and some fruits. All along the way of the Gorge, you could find water spot as well as toilets. The guide of our agency CHECKINCRETA, will follow you all along the day and will stay with the last persons of the group.
Pregnant women as well as persons with health problems are not allowed to do this excursion.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up/ drop off in Bali,Panormo,Skaleta,Adele,Platanias,Rethymno,Atsipopoulo, Kavros, Georgioupoli
What's excluded :
- Entrance of the gorge 5€
- Boat ticket 11€
- Entry/Admission - Samaria Gorge National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Samaria Gorge National Park, Old National Road Chanion-Kissamou Lefka Ori, Sfakia, Crete 730 05 Greece
Our guide will take care of you all along the 16 km hiking. Before to start, you will stop in a taverna in order to have a breakfast or a coffee. There, our guide will give you the entrance ticket and let's go for 4-6 hours hiking.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick-up and drop off will take place in Bali, Panormo, Skaleta, Adele, Platanias, Missiria, Rethymno town, Atsipopoulo, Kavros and Georgioupoli.Ports
- Rethymno Marina
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 39 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.