Samana Waterfall By Bus From Punta Cana
If flying to the Samana Peninsula isn't your favorite way to travel, then here is a great alternative, visit Samana by bus! This great alternative to Samana by plane and allows you to see everything that Samana has to offer by only adding a few hours in transport, and more importantly subtracting the amount paid out of pocket.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Unlimited drinks (open bar)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Instead of boarding a plane to Samana, you will take this bus approximately 2 hours to the small town of Sabana de la Mar, where you then climb aboard a boat to take you the rest of the way to Samana, which is about 1.5 hours. Once arriving, you'll make way to the entrance of the most magnificent waterfall in the country, El Salto de Limon. But first, the tour will make a quick stop at a traditional Dominican household where you'll have the opportunity to learn a bit about local products and sample some for yourself including coffee, cocoa, natural fruit and the infamous Mamajuana.
From here you'll continue by horse approximately 30 minutes through a notoriously muddy path to the steep staircase that brings you to the base of the waterfall. Don't worry, everyone has their own personal guide to lead the way and these horses know the trail like the back of their hoof. Now feast your eyes upon this spectacular sight. Nestled in the depths of Samana's tropical forests, the cascade crashes from 170 feet above into a green lagoon below. Take advantage and cool off in Limon's refreshing mountain waters!
After, make way back to the beginning of the trail, climb into an open air truck and head down to the dock to take a short trip to Cayo Levantado, also known as Bacardi Island. First, fill your bellies with a delicious traditional Dominican lunch complete with rice, beans, meat, salad and fresh fruit, all enjoyed while relaxing under a palm tree and enjoying the tropical breeze. After lunch you'll have time to relax on the beach and try a fresh, mouth watering piña colada made with real pineapple!
From here, start to make your way back to Punta Cana, where you'll have plenty of time to revel in this wonderful experience, appreciating part of what makes the Dominican Republic so special.
Departure Point :Bávaro, 23000, Dominican Republic
Traveler pickup is offered
Bavaro Punta cana
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.