Salzburg Christmas Full Day Private Tour from Prague
With its traditional flair and ambiance the Salzburg Christmas Market is the perfect setting to get in the mood for Christmas.Beautiful Cathedral Square, the traditional stalls, the stars overhead and the quality of the products sold charm visitors year after year. You will be enchanted too: by traditional craftsmanship, delicious Christmas cookies, aromatic tree ornaments and many arts and crafts of the season. The Salzburg Christmas Market is an experience for all of the senses: the delicate scent of mulled wine envelops the stalls, which offer fine and fanciful, old and new items. Performances by traditional Salzburg choirs and children's groups from Salzburg schools are a magnet for visitors year after year. "Turmblasen", the unparalleled Advent brass concerts, can be heard on Residence Square every Saturday at 6:30 p.m.I will pick you up in a lobby of the hotel you are staying in with a driver and his minivan at 8am. It takes 4 hours drive from Prague to Salzburg.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to the Castle is not included in the price (Castle fee is 5 EUR)
- Lunch is not included in the price but available to buy
- We start touring at 8am from your hotel in Prague. It takes 4 hours drive to get there. A charming Advent market is held high above the city's rooftops in the courtyard of Hohensalzburg Fortress.Whether we arrive on foot or by funicular – it affords a stunning view of Salzburg and its Christmas decorations. Countless market booths and a colorful entertainment program transform the medieval castle courtyard into an enchanting marketplace offering local handicrafts, exceptional gift ideas and culinary delicacies. Children will have fun making their own apple-men, straw stars, ice flowers, angels, gift tags and many other objects. Brass concerts and dance music add to the festive spirit of the season. Hohensalzburg Castle sits atop the Festungsberg, a small hill in the Austrian city of Salzburg.Erected at the behest of the Prince-Archbishops of Salzburg with a length of 250 m (820 ft) and a width of 150 m (490 ft),it is one of the largest medieval castles in Europe. Salzburg is the fourth-largest city in Austria and the capital of the federal state of Salzburg.Salzburg's "Old Town" is internationally renowned for its baroque architecture and is one of the best-preserved city centers north of the Alps.It was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997.The city has 3 universities and a large population of students.Tourists also frequent the city to tour the city's historic center and the scenic Alpine surroundings.Salzburg was the birthplace of 18th-century composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. In the mid‑20th century, the city was the setting for the musical play and film The Sound of Music.Salzburg Cathedral is the seventeenth-century Baroque cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Salzburg in the city of Salzburg, Austria, dedicated to Saint Rupert and Saint Vergilius.Salzburg Cathedral still contains the baptismal font in which composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was baptized.Grain Lane is a busy shopping street in the Altstadt (Old Town) section of Salzburg.The house at Getreidegasse 9 is the place where Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born and where he lived until the age of 17.Originally called Trabegasse, its name was changed several times before it became the Grain Lane.The Residenzgalerie is an art gallery in the Alte Residenz, Salzburg, Austria. Its collection includes works by Rembrandt,Carel Fabritius,Carlo Saraceni and Hieronymus Francken II. Salzburg is a tourist favorite, with the number of tourists outnumbering locals by a large margin in peak times.Salzburg Residenz is a palace located at Domplatz and Residenzplatz in the old part of Salzburg, Austria.For centuries the Archbishops of Salzburg resided at the Salzburg Residenz and used the palace to present and represent their political status.Today the Salzburg Residenz palace is a museum and one of the most impressive attractions in the city.
Departure Point :Pick up from the hotel in Prague you are staying in
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Eva Prague Tours