Saltpond & Mankessim Historic/Cultural Walking Tours from Accra
This is the only tour of its kind. It can also be done en route to Cape Coast, Elmina or the Kakum National Park.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Fuel surcharge
- Entry/Admission - Mankessim Central Market
- Entry/Admission - Fort Amsterdam
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mankessim Central Market, Accra - Cape Coast Rd, Mankessim, Ghana
This is the spiritual home of the Fante people of Ghana. Being the place they first settled during their migration, there is a lot to see here historically and archaeologically. Learn this interesting history of the migration as we visit the shrine, the roundabout among others.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Fort Amsterdam, Off the Accra-Cape Coast Road Abandze, Saltpond Ghana
At Saltpond discover the story behind the independent struggle of Ghana with the formation of the first political party in our history to champion the fight for independence. Discover the headquarters, meeting place, lodge and other iconic things related to the Freedom Fighters of Paa Grant, JB Danquah, Obetsebi Lamptey, Ako Adjei, Ofori Atta, Akofu Addo and Kwame Nkrumah on this trip. Also visit Ft. Amsterdam at Abandze.
Duration: 2 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from your hotel/residence
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.