Salt Mine Day Trip from Bucharest
This trip is your chance to discover two extraordinary places in Europe: Slanic Prahova Salt Mine and The Salt Mountain. Slanic Prahova is an all-season spa resort, famous for its curative mineral waters, but its main attraction is the spectacular Salt Mine, one of the biggest in Europe and famous for its healing effects.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Bucharest
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Slanic Salt Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Slanic, Slanic, Prahova County, Southern Romania
Visit Slanic Prahova Salt Mine - an all-season spa resort, famous for its curative mineral waters, but its main attraction is the spectacular Salt Mine, one of the biggest in Europe and famous for its healing effects. The temperature is constant all year round at 12 degrees C, humidity at 50%, the air composition is rich in sodium ions, at atmospheric pressure of 18-20 mm Mercury column, higher than that on the surface of the ground; the lack of allergenic agents creates a special micro-climate representing a natural means for treating respiratory affections.
The height of the salt mine hall is of 70 meters and the circuit runs around the enormous pillar supporting the mine. There can be admired the basso-rilievo works depicting some of the most important figures in Romanian history. One can meditate here just like in an enormous cathedral. Inside the Salt Mine, the atmosphere is amazing, you can find a small history museum, a soccer field, and a children's playground. The place is also used for various sports events (athletic competitions and as a training ground for sports teams), a sanatorium for the elderly and the sick or as a scenery for the film industry.
Afterwards, you will have some free time to take lunch.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Slanic Salt Museum, August Street 23, Slanic 106200 Romania
After visiting the Salt Mine, the tour continues to the Salt Museum, where you can find out about the history of salt exploitation and it's biological importance.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your accommodation in Bucharest
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- In the Salt Mine is a constant temperature of 12 degrees you will need to bring warm clothes
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.