Salt Cathedral Tour—First Wonder in Colombia | Basic Option (Or Only Transport)
Enjoy a hassle-free visit to the Zipaquira Salt Cathedral—a globally-recognized attraction and the First Wonder in Colombia, known as the Jewel of Modern Architecture.
Delight in its enthralling architecture and history as you hear the audio guide providing in-depth commentary on the site details. Gaze at the outstanding carving of the marble sculptures, and enjoy some attractions within the Cathedral.
✓ It's located just about an hour and a half from Bogota.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pickup & Drop-off (Air conditioned vehicle)
- Entrance Fees & Audio-Guide
- Medical insurance
- Souvenirs, Bottled Water, and Snacks
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira
What's excluded :
- Any private expenses
- In-person Guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Plaza de la Independecia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza del Minero, Parque Villaveces, Zipaquira Colombia
After the hotel pickup at 8 a.m., enjoy the landscape of Bogota's countryside and the Andean Savannah. Upon arriving at the Salt Cathedral, your driver will provide you with the tickets so you can claim the audio guide in your preferred language. He/she will be waiting around 3 hours outside the Cathedral.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira, Carrera 6 Calle 1 Parque De La Sal, Zipaquira Colombia
Stroll through over 2.5 km of tunnels of a former salt mine as your audio-guide allows you engaging insights into the carving of the 14 chapels connected by an illuminated labyrinth. Its lighting creates a ravishing experience that is almost magical—even for non-religious people.
Hear in-depth commentary on the Cathedral's enthralling architecture, history, and cultural value. Gaze at the exceptional design of the marble sculptures carved by an Italian artist.
Finally, enjoy the captivating reflecting effect produced by the Water Mirrors and the Lighting Show.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Plaza de la Independecia, Calle 5 # 6, Zipaquira 250252 Colombia
Once you have finished the tour in the Salt Cathedral, your driver will take you back to Zipaquira, so that you can have lunch and stroll through the colonial town before heading back to Bogota.
Finally, your driver will leave you in the comfort of your hotel in the afternoon hours—or the El Dorado international airport.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most hotels in Bogota and the International Airport. Please provide pickup detailsupon booking. Times are subject to local traffic conditions and hotel location.Airports
- Eldorado Airport, Bogota Colombia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For Parche Cachaco Tours, it is crucial to have an excellent relationship with its travelers. Therefore, we are doing everything we can to provide a fun yet safe experience for you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.