Salay and Popa from Bagan with Lunch
Spending your full day to experience the stunning views in Salay and Popa, enjoy the hustle and bustle in the market of the locals, explore the pagoda with magnificent woodcarvings and surprise the majestic scenery from the hill top of Popa mountain.
per adult from
What's included :
- All transfers & transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- English speaking guide (Other language guide on request)
- Government taxes and service charge
- Mineral water on coach
- Entry/Admission - Minnanthu Village
What's excluded :
- Bagan Zone fee 20USD
- International flights in/out Myanmar
- Visa Fees & Travels insurance
- Hotel accommodation
- Personal Expenses (telephone, laundry, Mini bar, etc
- Meals & drinks not mentioned
- Tips & gratuities for guide and driver
- Surcharges if any (increasing of fuel charges, admission fee, Christmas & New year with prior notice)
- Other services not mentioned in “inclusion
- In this morning, from your hotel, you will be picked up for the very first visit of the vibrant Chauk Market where you can delve into the hustle with a wide range of goods from fresh fruits and vegetables to clothes and crafts.
Continue your trail to the nearby Salay Monastery - home to a 130-year old monastery with 52 pagodas and temples dating back to Bagan Era. Intricate woodcarvings depicting Buddha's life is one of the most distinctive features of the monastery. In the entrance stands the famous Yoke Sone Kyaun- a wooden shrine adorned with magnificent woodcarvings.
After a short break with a lunch, continue transferring up to Mount Popa where you can find a monastery at the hill top which is famous for being home to 37 Nats (spirits). Climb 777 steps to reach the peak of the monastery where you will be awarded with stunning views of the surroundings and the mountain itself. On your way up, you will be enchanted by an impressive array of flora and fauna with many different species of birds and butterflies.
Before heading back to Bagan, don’t miss out on the chance to explore Min Nan Thu village - a typical Burmese village where you can find bold cultural traditions and have open talks with friendly people here.
Departure Point :Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :08h00 - 08h30 am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.