Salamanca Island National Natural Park from Santa Marta
This area, together with the Wildlife and Flora Sanctuary of the Ciénaga Grande de Santa Marta, was declared in 1998 as Ramsar sites of global importance, and in November 2000, as a Man and Biosphere Reserve by Unesco.
Both constitute a core area of the Biosphere Reserve of the Lagunar Complex of the Ciénaga Grande de Santa Marta because they are representative of the Magdalena River delta, considered a strategic ecosystem.
It is an ideal route for bird watching, environmental education, and research. The island of Salamanca is an extraordinary set of beaches, swamps, and forests that occupies the old estuary of the Magdalena River.
The road crosses the length of the road that connects the cities of Barranquilla and Santa Marta so that its lacustrine and mangrove landscapes can be perfectly appreciated along the way.
It is for this reason that it has been given the category of "Vía Parque", unique in the National Natural Park System of Colombia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round trip transportation
- Park entrance
- Chat and tour the park
What's excluded :
- Additional meals
- Additional services to those specified in the plan
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Santa Marta, Santa Marta, Santa Marta Municipality, Magdalena Department
Departure from Santa Marta early in the morning towards the Vía Isla de Salamanca National Natural Park.
Awareness talk at the entrance of the park and tour of the trails.
Lunch in the area and return to Santa Marta.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your hotel in Santa Marta.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.