Saint Mark and Rialto Self-Guided Tour
A self-guided tour is the most original way to discover Accademia, San Marco and Rialto areas, the most celebrated and amazing areas of Venice!
You will find 31 attractions along the route, among them you will see the glorious Theatre “La Fenice”, Rialto Bridge with its characteristic markets and the imposing Accademia Bridge! Of course, the audio-guide will explain the fascinating history of Saint Mark’s Square and its spectacular basin!
Download the app on your device and you won’t get lost in the city! You will be able to visit Venice and its secret corners and calle at your own pace, with no need to rush.
The app has a map that you can use to orient yourself in Venice’s labyrinth of narrow streets allowing you decide the pace of your visit. Listen to the automatic audio-narration on the city’s panoramic spots. On your device, under the picture of the monuments, you can read the transcription.
per adult from
1 to 3 hours
What's included :
- mobile app
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Audio devices
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
The true heart of Venice, which Napoleon called “the most elegant drawing-room in Europe”. The main attracion are the imposing Palazzo Ducale, the Golden Basilica and the Bell-tower!
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
The Palazzo Ducale, the centre of Venetian power, residence of the doge and home to the judiciary, this is where the governance of the city took place. Visually, it is the perfect example of Venetian gothic architecture, as Ruskin put it: the perfect fusion of East and West.
Pass By: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
The Basilica of San Marco is Venice’s jewel in the crown. The cathedral evokes the blending of East and West that is at the heart of Venetian character. More oriental than European, the architecture, the decoration and the atmosphere of ancient sanctity span both the centuries and the styles of Mediterranean civilisation
Pass By: Ponte dei Sospiri, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30100 Venice Italy
In 1600, therefore, a bridge had to be built to connect the Doge’s Palace and the Prisons: the Ponte dei Sospiri, the Bridge of Sighs. Allegedly, the newly-judged convicts walking to their darkened cell, would look out from the window-gaps to the lagoon for one last time and sigh.
Pass By: Ponte di Rialto, Ruga degli Orefici (Rialto) San Polo, 30125 Venice Italy
The Rialto Bridge, the first urban centre of Venice. It comes from the latin “rivus altus”, deep canal, referring to the Grand Canal. By unifying the two parts of the city on either side of the Grand Canal in a single arch movement, the Rialto Bridge has become the symbol of Venice’s unity and uniqueness
Pass By: Gallerie dell'Accademia, Campo de la Carita' Dorsoduro 1050 Dorsoduro 1050, 30123 Venice Italy
Founded in 1750, the Academy of Fine Arts was once the place where young aspiring artists learned painting, sculture and architecture. the Accademia art gallery became a true stronghold for the preservation of many paintings in the city. Moreover, a decision was taken to privilege those works by Venetian painters from 1300 to 1700
Departure Point :Venice Tours Assistance Point, Calle larga de l'Ascension, 1257, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You can use it anytime by night and by day how many times you want.
- This app won’t use up any data connection as it runs on GPS only.
- You have to download the app on your mobile phone.
- You will receive an e-mail with the QR and instructions to active the tour.
- The mobile app is supported by the followed system:
- Apple: from IOS 8; IPhone, Ipad and Ipod Touch
- Android: from the 4.1 version system
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The customers health is the most important matter for us, the tour operates in according to the Covid-19 National directives in order to guarantee the experiences in a safe environment. We only ask the kindness to bring the own mask in case you need to wear it.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.