Saint Germain des Prés: Uncover this authentic Parisian corner on an audio walk
Whether this is your first time in Paris's Saint-Germain-des-Prés neighborhood or you already love it, this self-guided audio tour is for you! Join me for a walk through this area to see and hear about not only its famous landmarks but also its hidden treasures. If anyone ever told you that history is boring, you can be sure that they never studied the history of Saint-Germain-des-Prés! Whether it’s cavorting with revolutionaries, debating with philosophers or tucking into the 6th best macarons in France, this neighborhood has something for everyone.
You'll hear about
• The 1751 version of Wikipedia
• An odd duck who only lived in hotels
• Surviving Smallpox
• Cooking up a Revolution
• The birth of the guillotine
• Can you make your ox work on the Sabbath?
• A brothel for priests
• Ancient astronomical instruments
• The wall of envy
• Who stole the Mona Lisa anyway?
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Statue de Diderot, 145 boulevard Saint Germain, 75006 Paris France
The tour passes the Denis Diderot Statue where you'll learn a bit about it.
Pass By: Église de Saint Germain des Prés, 3 Place Saint-Germain des Prés, 75006 Paris, France
The tour goes around the church of Saint Germain where you'll learn more about its history.
Pass By: Da Rosa, 62 Rue de Seine, 75006 Paris, France
The tour briefly stops outside the Da Rosa restaurant where you can pause the tour if you wish for a quick bite to eat.
Pass By: Maison Sauvage, 5 Rue de Buci, 75006 Paris, France
The tour passes the oldest Masonic Lodge in Paris, Maison Sauvage.
Pass By: Le Procope, 13 Rue de l'Ancienne Comédie, 75006 Paris, France
The tour passes the restaurant Le Procope where, if you wish, you can pause the tour for a treat.
Pass By: Cour du Commerce Saint Andre, Boulevard Saint Germain and, Paris France
The tour briefly stops outside Cour du Commerce Saint André.
Pass By: San Francisco Book Company, 17 rue Monsieur le Prince, 75006 Paris France
The tour makes a quick stop outside the San Francisco Book shop.
Pass By: Musee d'Histoire de la Medecine, 12 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris France
The tour passes the Museum of Historical Medicine.
Pass By: Institut du monde anglophone, 5 Rue de l'École de Médecine, 75006 Paris, France
The tour passes the Institut du monde anglophone.
Pass By: Église Saint-Sulpice, 2 Rue Palatine, 75006 Paris, France
The tour passes around the Saint Sulpice Church.
Pass By: Café de Flore, 172 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75006 Paris, France
The tour passes by the Café de Flore. If you wish, you can stop the tour for a quick break in the cafe.
Departure Point :Mabillon, 75006 Paris, France
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/9/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Deyrolle, 46 Rue du Bac, 75007 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.