Saigon in a Day: Ho Chi Minh City Sightseeing and Night Food Tour
Experience fast-paced Ho Chi Minh City from morning till night, traveling through the city by air-conditioned minivan and on the back of a motorbike. Let an expert guide lead you around this urban landscape, from Tao Dan Park to famous French-style landmarks lining downtown like the Saigon Opera House. Watch locals haggle for bargain prices at a wet market and Ben Thanh market, slurp ‘pho’ (noodle soup) for breakfast, and take a break before your night tour of local eateries featuring great street food, beer and newfound friends. Numbers are limited to seven to ensure a personalized experience with a small group.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by local vehicle
- Professional guide
- All meals during the tour
- Bottled water
- One bottle of beer or drink
- Entry/Admission - The Independence Palace
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Your guide picks you up at your hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle early in the morning to catch the first rays of the sun and see Ho Chi Minh City awaken. The first stop on your sightseeing tour is Tao Dan Park, where locals practice their morning exercises, including tai chi, aerobics and badminton. Stroll to a small pagoda where you are likely to see devotees performing daily prayers and learn about the role of religion in Vietnam from your knowledgeable guide.
Continue to a local wet market where shoppers haggle with vendors over everything from live seafood to dried meats, fresh vegetables and housewares. Then eat a noodle breakfast alongside the locals at Pho 24 restaurant and finish up the morning with a Vietnamese coffee at one of the city’s busiest cafés, poplar with students and artists, and a great place to people-watch while you sip.
Hop back in your air-conditioned vehicle for a visit to Reunification Palace, known as Independence Palace before the fall of Saigon. Take a short walk between Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral and the Saigon River along Dong Khoi Street, known for its boutiques, and wander around Nguyen Hue Boulevard to appreciate many of the beautiful old buildings of downtown Ho Chi Minh City. Your guide points out French-colonial architectural landmarks including Saigon City Hall, the Saigon Opera House, the Central Post Office and the tallest building in Vietnam, Bitexco Tower.
Enjoy shopping at Ben Thanh market, in search of inexpensive T-shirts, wooden souvenirs, ceramics, wristwatches and sundries. Prices are not fixed, and your guide can help you bargain.
After lunch at a local restaurant, you’re taken back to your hotel to rest for approx. 2 hours before the tour resumes in the evening.
Start your night full of delicious food by jumping onto the back of a motorbike. Hold on tight as you jet around the city en route to some favorite eateries. As you travel from location to location through the bustling city, revel in the nightlife and chat with your local guide. You’ll join up with other travelers to enjoy a street food dinner — such as seafood, Vietnamese crepes and sweet soups — accompanied by beer or rice wine and local culture until it’s time to retire to your hotel for the night.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.