Safari Half Day Natal Lion Park, Howick Falls & Mandela Capture Site from Durban
This day safari takes you to KwaZulu-Natal, a coastal province known for its beauty and diverse array of wildlife. The tour has three stops: Natal Lion Park, where you come close to a pride of lions in an adrenaline raising experience. Here you also come close to elephants and possibly spot some zebras and nyalas. From Natal Lion Park we proceed to Howick Falls which is a waterfall in the KwaZulu-Natal province. It falls roughly 310 feet from the river into a pool before the river continues on. Our final stop is at Nelson Mandela Capture Site where we visit a museum and a stirring monument of Nelson Mandela.
• Natal Midlands
• Natal Lion Park
• Howick Falls
• Nelson Mandela Capture Site and Museum where Nelson Mandela was arrested and went on to spend 27 years in prison
(Minimum 2 people booking)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Soft drinks
- Pick ups and drop offs at hotels, airports and ports
- Entry/Admission - Natal Lion Park
- Entry/Admission - Howick Falls
- Entry/Admission - Nelson Mandela Capture Site
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Natal Lion Park, Umlaas Road, Cato Ridge 3730 South Africa
At Natal Lion Park we come up close to the lions as we keep the windows and doors of our vehicle tightly locked in an adrenaline raising experience. We also encounter elephants and possibly spot the zebra and nyala in this thick bush park. There are also a lot of bird species.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Howick Falls, Corner of Falls Drive & Morling Street, Howick South Africa
From Natal Lion Park we proceed to Howick Falls - this a waterfall in the KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa. It falls roughly 310 feet from the river into a pool before the river continues on. The Zulu name for the falls is KwaNogqaza, and legend is that a huge serpent lives in the pool beneath the falls. Sangomas, or fortune tellers, are said to be the only ones who can go near the waterfall safely.
Read more about The 5 Best Howick Falls Tours & Tickets 2020 in the Viator website.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Nelson Mandela Capture Site, R103, Howick 3620 South Africa
From Howick Falls we proceed to the Nelson Mandela Capture Site, this is the place where Nelson Mandela was arrested on 5 August 1962 outside of Howick, KZN Natal, South Africa. He went on to spend the next 27 years of his life in prison.
The Nelson Mandela Capture Site commemorates this moment in history with a visitor centre and a world renowned sculpture.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers on the tour will be picked up from hotels, airports and ports as long as arrangements have been made.Airports
- King Shaka Intl Airport, Durban South Africa
- Port Natal, 81 Flower Rd, Clairwood, Durban, 4052, South Africa
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.