Sacred Valley Private: Chinchero,Maras,Moray,Ollantaytambo,Pisac Market & Lunch
Explore Peru’s Urubamba Valley on this day trip from Cusco! Visit the Andean village of Chinchero, see the former salt-producing town of Maras, view the impressive terracing of Moray and marvel at the Inca fortress in Ollantaytambo as you learn about the rich history of the valley’s colonial villages from your local guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Touristic transportation.
- Admission to Maras.
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Cusco Tourist ticket - BTC
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Park Ollantaytambo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chinchero, Chinchero, Cusco Region
You will start your tour in the village of Chinchero, which was one of the most important populations during the Inca empire. However, as much of its annexes, it was also a victim of the extirpation of idolatries action that replaced the traditional deities by Catholic ones, in order to transform popular beliefs.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
Then visit the archaeological remains of Maras. It is a surreal sight. Located so close to Moray and is an impressive complex of salt mining. They are large deposits of salt used for exchange for other products with other regions of the empire.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
The archaeological site of Moray consists of mysterious concentric circular terraces that for some investigators would be an agricultural research center.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Park Ollantaytambo, Ollantaytambo 08676 Peru
Ollantaytambo, a typical example of urban planning of the Incas still inhabited like in the past. You will find here a great archaeological complex called fortress although it was a tambo, a resting and lodging place for long distance travellers.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pisac Market, Central Plaza Centro, Pisac 08105 Peru
Finally visit the citadel of Pisac, a town built in the form of partridge known for two reasons: the crafts market, established between colonial buildings, and for hosting one of the most impressive complexes of terraces in the valley. The market has dozens of stalls displaying and selling goods crafted by residents of the area.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from hotels located at Cusco Historical center or Urubamba.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: the visit to Maras does not operate from December to March due to rainy season. Chinchero, Moray and Ollantaytambo are visited all throughout the year
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- To visit Moray and Ollantaytambo fortress, it is important that you acquire your Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
- You should wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.