Sacred Pilgrimage Tour to Thiruparankundram & Palamudircholai in Madurai
Thiruparankundram is the first among the six abodes (Arupadai Veedu Temples) of Lord Murugan. This is the place which is associated with the divine marriage of Lord Murugan with Goddess Deivanai and so it is considered as a sacred place for marriages.
Pazhamudhir Solai is the sixth mentioned temple of Lord Murugan’s Arupadai Veedu Temples. Lord Murugan here stands with a posture of single face with Goddesses Valli and Goddess Deivanai on His both sides.
Kallazhagar dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu. Constructed in the Dravidian style of architecture, the temple is glorified in the Divya Prabandha, the early medieval Tamil canon of the Azhwar saints from the 6th–9th centuries AD.
per adult from
4 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Toll Charges
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Special Darshan Fees (wherever it's necessary)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tirunelveli Tirupparankunram Road, Madurai 625004 India
Thiruparankundram: A cave temple which is 1050 feet above sea level made out of rock in a hillock. The Rajagopuram (Main Tower) of this temple is found with 7 tiered structures, towering 150 feet high at the entrance of the temple.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pazhamudhir Solai, Near Alagar Koil Temple, Madurai India
Pazhamudhir Solai: Here, ’Avvaiyar’ the famous female Tamil poet and a great devotee of Lord Murugan, was said to be examined by Lord Murugan from His playful drama. The drama of Lord Murugan concerning Avvaiyar was to acquire an answer from her raising the question, “Which fruit is she needed, whether cooked or uncooked”, which is popularly mentioned in Tamil language as “Sutta Pazham or Sudadha Pazham”.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Alagarkoil Temple and Shrine, Solaimalai Hill, Madurai 625001 India
The architecture of the Azhagar temple corresponds to any of those of south Indian temples, with large gopurams and pillared mandapams. The gopuram of the Karuppa swamy shrine depicts the passionate side of human relationship in the form of beautiful statues. Apart from these, it also depicts the evolution of cultural aspects of the local society including a depiction of an Englishman in British police uniforms.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your hotels in MaduraiAirports
- Madurai Airport, Madurai India
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Shoes must be removed at places of worship, Dress code is smart casual (Please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended)
- Important notice about Tour Guide: All place of worship and museums has basic standard of "keep silence", so there is no possibility to give any commentary on that place, All possible information and assistance will be provided (if you have asked for it in advance), Tour operator (Uvamai Niche Tourism) never ever arrange tour guides for their tours
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.