Rwenzori Mountains village walk
RWATS is a non-for-profit organisation which provides community tourism activities. Its aim is to offer a new source of income to remote mountain villagers in the Rwenzori area, therefore the presence of our visitors will contribute to their economic development. In addition to the economic benefits for these communities, our visitors will open the door for a new vision and a gateway to understand, admire and share the abundant traditions of the Bakonjo people. Authentic experiences that you will live once in a lifetime!
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Lunch - Possibility to have lunch at the community restaurant, run by local trained villagers.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rwenzori Mountains, Opposite New Tax Park, Kasese Uganda
You will have the chance to experience one day in a mountain village and see how the local Bantu tribe, the Bakonjo, live. You will visit homes, rural schools, religious and traditional bandas (the name of local homes), see traditional dance and enjoy the untouched nature of the Rwenzori Mountains.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Kilembe, Uganda
Traveler pickup is offered
We can arrange transportation from Kasese or nearby by either car or boda boda (local motorbikes).
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/5/2019 - 10/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.