Ruth Bancroft Garden General Admission Ticket
Called "A Gem of the East Bay," and voted "Best Botanical Garden" by Sunset Magazine (2019), a visit to the Ruth Bancroft Garden offers visitors an opportunity to see cacti, succulents, California natives and other rare and unusual drought tolerant plant species from around the world. The Garden features many large, mature plant specimens, originally planted by founder, Ruth Bancroft, that are not often seen in other dry gardens, making for a unique visitor experience all seasons of the year.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Visitors are always welcome to freely browse and shop in our retail plant nursery
- Free docent led tours. Check Garden's website for schedule.
- Self Guided Tour Book
- Entry/Admission - The Ruth Bancroft Garden
What's excluded :
- Visit: The Ruth Bancroft Garden, 1552 Bancroft Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94598-2361
Discover this world-renowned 3.5-acre garden, housing a large and unique collection of succulents, cacti and drought-tolerant plants from around the world. Beautiful in every season. The Garden’s founder, Ruth Bancroft, lived to be 109 and was a pioneer in drought-tolerant gardening. Looking for a fun and relaxing outing with family and friends, garden inspiration, or a great place to picnic, take photos, paint or bring the dog, the Garden is the perfect choice. Bring your lunch along and make it a picnic! Free parking.
Note: The Garden is handicapped accessible, but the pathways are gravel not paved. There is seating scattered throughout the Garden including wooden benches and chairs and several sets of café tables. No food is sold on-site.
Departure Point :The Ruth Bancroft Garden, 1552 Bancroft Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94598-2361
Departure Time :10/18/2019 - 1/18/2022
Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Dogs on leash welcome
- Most travelers can participate
- Picnics welcome but no food is sold on site.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.