Rural Tourism - Weaving workshop in Ollantaytambo - Half day - Group service
Don't miss out on this magical opportunity to experience a different way of life! The alpine scenery and mountainous terrain are simply exquisite but what makes the tour really special is visiting the Patacancha and Huilloc communities, known for their traditional cultural practices.
This tour gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in traditional Andean culture by taking part in a weaving workshop.
During the scheduled, respectful and low-impact Quechua community visits, we hope to educate the responsible traveler about the ancient weaving tradition and Andean indigenous culture.
per adult from
What's included :
- English-speaking guide/interpreter.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Patacancha or Huilloc and back.
- Weaving lesson.
- Home-cooked lunch.
What's excluded :
- Transportation to Ollantaytambo from other cities, such as Urubamba or Cusco
Travel from Ollantaytambo for a beautiful drive through the Patacancha Valley, lined with Inca terracing, waterfalls and traditional Andean farming practices. What makes the tour really special is visiting the Patacancha and Huilloc communities, known for their traditional cultural practices. Upon arriving to Patacancha, you will be given time to explore the quaint village and visit to the Awamaki Weaving Center, where you will get a demonstration of the weaving process, from shearing the wool from the alpaca or sheep, spinning it into yarn on the Andean drop spindle, an explanation of the natural plant dyes, and finally the tools and techniques used to weave the yarn into cloth, and then a wearable garment. During the scheduled, respectful and low-impact Quechua community visits, we hope to educate the responsible traveler about the ancient weaving tradition and Andean indigenous culture. After the demonstration, you will get the chance to try weaving yourself. You will then be invited into the weaver's home to enjoy a lovingly prepared home-cooked meal before returning to Ollantaytambo.
• Class Adventure Travel, Calle Tandapata 172 Buenos Aires, Argentina, Lima 08000 Peru
Departure Point :Ollantaytambo, Peru
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Departure: Monday through Saturday at 9 am
- Unavailable Dates:
- - December 24th
- - December 25th
- - December 31st
- - January 1
- Additional Information:
- - Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- - A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- - Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.