Roses & Horseback Riding (PRIVATE Day Trip from Quito)
Are you looking for a day trip close by Quito? Do you have a stopover at Quito´s airport for few hours and you don´t know what to do? Experience the beauty of Pifo area located just 50 minutes from Quito or 25 from the main airport. This visit allows to visit a rosefarm and enjoy a unique experience on a horse. Explore arcaded pathways, hidden places with great views of some volcanoes surrounding Quito area. As you ride, you will learn a bit of Ecuadorian roses and highlands areas.
- Visit a rose farm
- Ride a horse 1-2 hours
- Taste local lunch
- Small-group format ensures a personalized experience
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- English local guide
- Bottle of water
- Local lunch menu
- Entrance fee to the rosefarm
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pifo, Pifo, Quito, Pichincha Province
Departure from Quito to Pifo area which is located a few minutes outside of Quito and lays an incredible hidden treasure: a local rose farm based at the highlands that offer much to learn about growing Ecuadorian roses that with combination of high altitude; twelve hours of sunshine; cold nights; and using organic soils and compost helps to harvest strong and tall flowers all year.
Later on, the highlands offers horseback riding for spirited travelers who seek special travel experiences, therefore it´s time to ride along secondary route with great view of some volcanoes such as Pichincha, Cotopaxi, Illinizas, Cotacachi, during this site we will make a short stop at the view point just to admire the beauty surroundings.
Afterwards going on riding through a small town where the local lunch will be served at Colibrí Garden, a cozy house where their hosts grow some vegetables at their own small organic garden to prepare local food for the guests. At Colibrí Garden some hummingbirds can be appreciated such as; Sparkling Violetear, Black-Tailed Trainbearer, Tyrian Metaltail, Sapphire-Vented Puffleg, Sword-Billed and other small tiny birds such as Black Flowerpiercer, Rufus Collared Sparrow and Golden Grosbeak. Afternoon driver back to Quito or just advise us to be dropped off at Papallacta or Quito´s airport in order to catch your next flight.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The tour is based in private basis, therefore feel free to write down the address where you´ll stay (hotel, apartment, house) and we will provide the pick up as long as you stay in Quito city or airport area.Airports
- Mariscal Sucre Airport, Quito Ecuador
Departure Time :1/1/2019 - 2/16/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A small amount of walking is involve
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We will have face mask available on the car for any emergency.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.