Rome Underground Tour + Rome Catacombs Tour - Private transfers included
Descend from the sunlight to 20 meters below street level, at the time of ancient Romans! Choose this Private Underground Rome Tour and you will see unexpected colours shining a light into the past. Thanks to our passionate guides you will suddenly feel close to the people who lived, worked and prayed here. The "Cities of the Dead" (the Christian Catacombs), are not only a thrilling spectacle, but also tell us a lot about the ancestral history of the city. Out of the beaten path, the fabulous Basilica that you will visit, hides temples, streets and houses built one over the other.
A refreshing and amazing tour!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- private luxury car at disposal
- pick up from your hotel/B&B/Apartment
- Admission tickets
- professional multilingual guides
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of San Clemente
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Saint Callixtus
What's excluded :
- Drop off (tour ends close to the Colosseum underground Station)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica of San Clemente, Via Labicana 95, 00184 Rome Italy
Start your tour at St. Clemente church – one of the finest examples of how the Roman’s constructed buildings on top of buildings whether churches, temples or houses. On the inside, discover the sobering sight of the Baroque Basilica that is elegantly decorated with an array of impressive mosaics and frescoes conceived by Masaccio and Masolino.
Then descend from the sunlight and arrive 3-floors beneath the streets of Ancient Rome. Relish the journey back to the 1st century AD as San Clemente itself sits atop a 4th-century Basilica which depicts the ‘San Clemente miracles’ – frescoes that seem to show a curious comic-like cartoon dating back to 1100 AD.
From here, you will explore an aged Republican house that was destroyed during the great fire of AD 64. From the 3rd century, its courtyard became a temple for the cult of Mithras, with the noises of a subterranean river creating an eerie experience!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Catacombs of Saint Callixtus, Via Appia Antica 110, 00179 Rome Italy
Discover "The City of the Dead"! There are many Catacombs in Rome and you will visit one of the three most important early Christian ones, beneath the Appian Way. Its is an incredibly evocative ancient street, built during the Imperial Period for the Roman Army. Listening to the guides you will understand the importance of these early Christian Cemeteries.
There are dozens of kilometers of tunnels with endless stacks of niches reaching all the way to very high ceilings. Family tombs with graffiti and wall paintings show us ancient symbols and greek inscriptions.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
WE PICK UP FROM ALL CENTRALLY LOCATED HOTELS, B&B AND APARTMENTS! so, do not worry if your hotel is not mentioned. If your hotel/B&B/Apartment is **not in central Rome** ( a radius of about 7 km from the Pantheon ), let us know its location and we will ask the supplement for the extra distance. If your hotel is not booked yet, you will amend your booking later on, with the name of your hotel or the address of your B&B/Apartment.Kindly add to your booking a mobile phone (if possible with WhatsApp connection) and give an email address you can check frequently.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Temperature checks for travelers and guides before entering each site or museum
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.