Rome Jewish Ghetto and the Great Synagogue
Take this tours at the antique area of Trastevere to discover the world's oldest Jewish ghetto with the exclusive guidance of an expert Archaeologist.
We will visit this small neighborhood delimited by the Tiber river on one side and Venice Square on the other side. The quarter was built in 1555 under Pope Paul IV who revoked all rights granted to the Roman Jews.
Visiting this area is a really strong cultural and religious experience, due also to the Synagogue and the Jewish museum.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guidance and assistance by an Archaeologist guide
- A private guide from the internal staff of the Synagogue and the Jewish museum.
- Jewish Museum Ticket
- Private Tour
- Entry/Admission - Via Portico d'Ottavia
- Entry/Admission - Museo Ebraico di Roma
- Entry/Admission - Teatro di Marcello
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Via Portico d'Ottavia, Via del Portico d'Ottavia 29 Sant'Angelo (Ghetto), 00186 Rome Italy
Walk through Via del Portico of Ottavia and Piazza delle Cinque Scole, where there were all the liturgical Jewish schools.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Museo Ebraico di Roma, Via Catalana, 00186 Rome Italy
Visit the Great Synagogue and the Jewish Museum with an internal guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Teatro di Marcello, Via Del Teatro De Marcello, Rome Italy
Visit the ruins of the Theater of Marcello and Portico of Ottavia.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Tempio Maggiore di Roma, Lungotevere de Cenci, 00186 Rome Italy
Visit the Great Synagogue with an internal guide
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Lungotevere de' Cenci, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Activity Level: Minimal
- Child friendly with parental supervision
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.