Rome: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill Guided Tour (Small Group)
The Colosseum or Coliseum, also known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, is an oval amphitheater in the center of the city of Rome, Italy. Built of travertine limestone, tuff, and brick-faced concrete, it was the largest amphitheater ever built at the time and held 50,000 to 80,000 spectators.
Start your tour right outside the monumental Colosseum where you will meet your guide. Here, your guide will give you an introduction to the finest arena of the Roman Empire.
✔ Benefit from priority access and avoid long waiting times
✔ Discover the marvels of the Colosseum, one of the most impressive structures of the Roman Empire
✔ Enjoy amazing panoramic views from the Emperor's Palace
✔ Learn all about Roman life from a passionate experienced guide
✔ Skip the Line Direct Access (if option chosen)
✔ Printed or mobile voucher accepted
✔ Instant confirmation
per adult from
170 to 210 minutes
What's included :
- Access to the Colosseum
- Access to Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill
- Headsets to hear the tour guide clearly
- Expert local Guide
- Group of 15 - 19 people or less
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
What's excluded :
- Pick up or drop-off at your accommodation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
The Colosseum or Coliseum, also known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, is an oval amphitheatre in the centre of the city of Rome, Italy. Built of travertine limestone, tuff, and brick-faced concrete, it was the largest amphitheatre ever built at the time and held 50,000 to 80,000 spectators.
Your journey through time begins outside the ruined but still-magnificent Colosseum, whose massive girth and towering height almost make the lines to get in seem small. Skip right past the crowds to head straight inside, and then wander the galleries and arcades of the amphitheater, imagining the roar of 50,000 spectators as swords clashed, animals gnashed their teeth, and epic gladiator battles unfolded before their eyes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
From the Colosseum, make your way to the Palatine Hill. Study archaeological treasures, toppled sculptures, and millennia-old artifacts uncovered from the ground right where you stand, and learn about the history of Palatine Hill, believed to be the birthplace of Rome. Then, get a sense for daily life as a citizen of the empire at the Roman Forum, the once-bustling hub of urban life and the heart of the ancient city. At your own pace, walk among the columns and pillars of long-crumbled government buildings, well-preserved temples, and the roads and buildings that once served as gathering places for shopping, politics, and religious events.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
For the second part of your tour, you will have the opportunity to meet your second guide, who is passionate about Ancient Rome. Make the most out of your experience by having two of the highest-rated guides lead you through the areas of expertise they know best.
The Roman Forum, also known by its Latin name Forum Romanum, is a rectangular forum surrounded by the ruins of several important ancient government buildings at the center of the city of Rome.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Luggage or large bags Not allowed
- You must bring photo ID for the security check
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes because there is walking involved
- All visitors are advised to be at the meeting point at the latest 15 minutes before the stated departure time. Late arrivals cannot be guaranteed entrance
- Please note that French guide tours are only available from 11:20AM (March 2, 2020 - March 31, 2020). And at 9:20AM also at 11:20AM (May 3, 2020 - February 4, 2021)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.