Roman Forum: An Immersive Self-Guided Audio Tour
Explore the Roman Forum at your own pace with this highly acclaimed self-guided GPS audio tour. Beginning from the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina, you'll work your way through the timeless streets of ancient Rome while discovering the stories that document the rise and fall of the Empire. The tour is ready whenever you feel like taking a stroll. It plays audio automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smart phone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline. If you've got an hour and want to see all the major historical and cultural themes that the Forum has to offer – this is the tour for you!
Join writer and historian Michael Anderson in imagining the passage of time at the Roman Forum, where Caesar was assassinated and Cicero made speeches that echo through to the present. He'll connect you to the successes and failures of Rome, which is also a way of connecting with the civilizations that have inherited its culture.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lifetime access to the 'The Roman Forum'' tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
The tour takes you on an ordered walk beginning at the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina and ending at the marvelous Arch of Titus, through which you can grab a panoramic view of the Colosseum. Start the tour in the app, put your phone in your pocket, and let your guide direct you through the streets. The total walking distance is approximately 1km and takes about an hour without stopping, but you can pause anytime! Most people will stop when photo opportunities present themselves along the way. The narration is crisply mastered by a professional audio engineering staff, and the tour integrates sound effects and music to create an engaging experience that is suitable for all ages that can wear ear buds.
The exact route can be seen upon downloading or viewing the tour. Audio from the tour can be listened to anytime.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via della Salara Vecchia, 1385, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/2/2019 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Via Sacra, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Download code will be sent to you for use with the VoiceMap mobile app
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.