Roman Ancient Aqueducts, Villa of Quintili and Castelli Romani Private Tour
This tour is an opportunity to leave the metropolis and immerse yourself in the natural and artistic beauty of Rome.The Roman aqueducts stand today, more than two thousand years later, as a testament to the engineering genius of the ancient Romans. These massive structures not only boggle the human mind as to how they were constructed but their function and reliability are still a modern marvel. In fact, some aqueducts remain operational to this day. Walking through the modern city of Rome one will come across these monumental arched structures that often cross streets and avenues. Just outside the city, between Via Appia Antica and Via Appia Nuova, lies the Villa dei Quintili which offers its visitors the possibility of an outdoor walk through the remains of this magnificent Roman villa. In the area surrounding the Villa have been found finds of great historical value, the same building that was originally built around a large square, is one of the jewels of Via Appia.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur
- Private English-speaking tour escort at your disposal
- Private professional guide
- Entrance ticket at Villa dei Quintili
- Entry/Admission - Parco degli Acquedotti
- Entry/Admission - Villa dei Quintili e Santa Maria Nova
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco degli Acquedotti, Via Lemonia, 256, 00174 Rome Italy
The Park of aqueducts is situated on the beautiful Roman countryside, just outside the city of Rome and was designated a protected area in 1988. The park protects the remains of two enormous ancient aqueducts, yet is surprisingly little-visited by tourists to the city. The impressive aqueducts that still stand there today, provide one of the most famous landscapes in Rome.The Aqua Claudia, which is the most impressive aqueduct still standing within the park, was the eighth aqueduct built by the ancient Romans, constructed during the reigns of emperors Caligula and Claudius. Nearby are the ruins of an even older aqueduct, the Aqua Marcia, built during the 144 BC. Pope Sixtus V removed parts of its structure to build the first Papal aqueduct, the Aqua Felix, at the end of the 16th century. The Papal aqueduct, which is a lot lower than its ancient Roman counterpart, runs along the Aqua Claudia. It ultimately ends at the famous Moses fountain in Piazza San Bernardo.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Villa dei Quintili e Santa Maria Nova, Via Appia Antica 251, 00178 Rome Italy
The Villa of Quintili was the largest and most sumptuous residence of the Romans. The original nucleus belonged to the Quintili brothers, the two consuls in the year 151 AD, and was expanded when the villa became imperial property under Emperor Commodus who loved to live here for the tranquility of the countryside and the thermal baths. The villa extended between Via Appia Antica and Via Appia Nuova and built around a large square. The most impressive part of the construction consists of the main rooms and those of the servants, a circular building, with a series of rooms and the two large thermal rooms of the caldarium and the frigidarium with large windows fourteen meters high and polychrome marble. The monumental complex overlooks the Roman countryside and offers a panorama that has inspired many famous artists over time.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Castelli Romani, Castelli Romani, Province of Rome, Lazio
Roman Castles tour is an opportunity to leave the metropolis and immerse yourself in the natural and artistic beauty of the small medieval villages outside Rome.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 9:00 at your accomodation (hotel, B&B, apartment). Please confirm us the pick up address.N.B.: If your accomodation is not in the area indicated on the above map, send us a message to arrange your pick up.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.