Robert Adam and His Storytelling about Antique Split - Walking Tour
In the middle of 18th century Robert Adam, Scottish architect was in Italy. There Adam met a man who made an important professional influence on him. This was the talented young French architect Charles-Louis Clérisseau who persuaded him to visit city of Split on the other side of Adriatic sea.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Jupiter
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This was supposed to be classical touristic tour but it transformed into … love of Adam’s life. He stayed in Split for one year where he studied one of the most important Roman fortifications in the world – amazing Roman emperor Diocletian’s palace.
When he returned to London his head was full of details of Roman antiquities. He and his two brothers created and fully developed the Adam style - marked by a new lightness and freedom in the use of the classical elements of architecture.
Please come with us and walk the same streets as Adam and see the same monumental Roman building with original basement, temple of Jupiter, Emperor’s mausoleum, picturesque Peristil and round Vestibul.
Departure Point :Meeting point in Riva promenade
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.