River Market Walking History Tour
Travel through time with our expert local guide and discover the rich history of the River Market. The market name comes from its large open air farmers’ market and now this exciting district highlights the best of the past, from the market streets to the unique restaurants. The large riverfront warehouses have become increasingly developed into residential lofts, restaurants, bars, shops, cafes, and ethnic markets. Your friendly host with share the local stories of this gem of the Midwest while highlighting the stories and secrets that this noteworthy district has to offer.
Learn the history about the vibrant past of this area of Kansas City
Experience personal service by our local professional tour host
View historic photos from the past on your mobile device
per adult from
What's included :
- Access to historic photos
What's excluded :
- Tips for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: City Market, 20 E 5th St, Kansas City, MO 64106-1102
A historic tour of the River Market and City Market area of Kansas City
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :412 Delaware St, Kansas City, MO 64105, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- These tours are nearly all outdoors. You will have space to observe social distancing. We will limit the group size to 8 guests unless a single group requests a larger tour experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.