River Boat Experience plus Colosseum or Vatican Museums
With this exclusive tour it will be possible to enjoy a different and fun sighteeing tour along the Tiber bank, appreciating the best of Rome from an unusual perspective. You can admire the incredible and magical atmosphere provided by the amazing landscape of monumental bridges and impressive building decorating the city, all seeing along the relaxing river flow. During the trip you will have a multi audio commentary.
Moreover, besides discovering the city with an unusual sighseeing tour it will be possible to enjoy one the main symbol of Rome official skip-the- line guided tour on your choise. You can choose between the Colosseum or the Vatican Museums guided tour.
per adult from
150 to 210 minutes
What's included :
- Multi audio commentary on board
- Colosseum/Vatican guided tour
- Small-group walking tour
- Professional tour guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transportation to/from attractions
- hop-on hop-off formula
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
(IF OPTION CHOSEN)
Visit Rome's symbolic monument with a tour that makes it easy and fun for all ages. Learn about the amphitheater's history from a guide with an art and archaeology background.
Learn about the spectacular games and bloody battles that were held inside. Hear about the techniques of construction invented by the Romans, the incredible ability of the gladiators, the violent fighting between exotic animals and the high level of technology achieved by Roman engineers to built the Colosseum.
Walk around the first tiers and reach the arena to learn about the trapdoors and all the mechanisms used to animate the games. Your guide will keep you entertained with stories of sea-battles, the cages where lions were kept before the games started, the rooms in which gladiators were waiting before they reached the arena, the executions, and the excitement of the spectators attending the most spectacular, fantastic, and expensive games in human history.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
(IF OPTION CHOSEN)
Introduction on the Vatican City and Vatican History.
Discover the treasures hosted by one of the largest and most-visited museums of the world enriched by a huge number of masterpieces collected through time.
Taking a spectacular big spiral staircase you will be introduced to the impressive greatness of the Vatican Museum.
Admire the best of the ancient world visiting the Greek and Roman sculpture section. A collection of classical art masterpieces where admire the beauty of several sculpture groups, as for example the statue of Laocoön and His Sons that is one of the most famous ancient sculptures.
Pass by the Chandelier Gallery, named by the several marble chandelier decorating this section.
Be astonished by the elegant Tapestry gallery, wallpapered by the finest tapestry worldwide, realized by Raphael's disciples.
Visit the Maps Gallery, a complete exhibition of maps representing Italy as it was seen by cartographer in 1581.
Enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of the Vatican Garden
and much more ...
Admire the major representatives of Italian art such as Leonardo, Perugino, Beato Angelico, and many more
Towards the end of this tour you will visit the beautiful Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s masterpiece: The Last Judgement.
You will visit the Basilica at your leisure, without the guide. Inside you can admire some Baroque masterpieces and the breathtaking Pietà by Michelangelo. You can also enjoy a moment of reflection in the Vatican caves.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Ponte Pietro Nenni, Rome Italy
Recovery your river boat ticket at the agency and then enjoy a different and fun sighteeing tour along the Tiber bank. Appreciate the best of Rome from an unusual perspective, admiring the incredible and magical atmosphere provided by the amazing landscape of monumental bridges and impressive building decorating the city, all seeing along the relaxing river flow. During the trip you will have a multi audio commentary.
Pass By: Ponte Regina Margherita, Rome Italy
first stop of your panoramic ride is Margherita Bridge, dedicated to the first queen of Italy.
Pass By: Ponte Cavour Campo Marzio / Prati, Rome Italy
This five arches bricks briges, was edicate to Camillo Benso Cavour count, one of the main charcters of Italy unification.
Pass By: Links Piazza di Ponte Umberto I to Piazza dei Tribunali, Rome Italy
Three arches bricks bridge dedicated to King Uberto I. From here it can be appreciated a nice view of the Hall of Justice, even known as Palazzaccio, an impressive travertine limestone building reflecting late Renaissance and Baroque taste.
Pass By: Ponte Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello 50, 00193 Rome Italy
Continue along the Tiber River, reaching one of the most ancient monumental bridges in Rome.
From here, it can be enjoyed a splendid view of the Holy Castle (Hadrian's Mauseleum).
Pass By: Ponte Vittorio Emanuele II, 00186 Rome Italy
Realized by the architect Ennio Rossi and dedicated to King Vittorio Emanuele II, the bridge was realized on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Italy's unification.
It is one of the finest monumetal bridges in Rome, decorated by bronze wings victories and four sculpture groups simbolising "Italy's Unification", "Freedom", "Defeated Oppression" and "the Loyalty to the Statute".
Pass By: Ponte Giuseppe Mazzini, Incrocio Viale Delle Milizie, 00186 Rome Italy
Pass by Mazzini bridge, even know as "Gianicolense" as it is located at bottom of Jianiculum Hill.
Pass By: Ponte Sisto, 00153 Rome Italy
Built on the ruins of an ancient roman bridge, it was one of the first bridges connecting the Tiber riverbanks. It is said that was from just from here that ther first christian martyrs were thrown down.
Departure Point :1: Via della Polveriera, 11, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
2: Lungotevere degli Anguillara, Roma RM, Italy
3: Lungotevere Tor di Nona, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
4: Lungotevere Marzio, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
5: Lungotevere in Augusta, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
6: Lungotevere Castello, Roma RM, Italy
7: Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Lungotevere Castello, Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- To attend the tour is strictly necessary to be up at the meeting point 30-minutes prior your tour departure time. If you arrive at tour departure time or later is not possible to join the group and you can't have a refund.
- Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Infant under 6 free.
- For the Colosseum guided group tour the meeting point is at the Tour in the City Agency, Via della Polveriera n°11.
- PLEASE NOTE: You cannot get into the Colosseum with large bags, backpacks or suitcases. It is possible to take small bags only. The Colosseum does not provide a bag check, so you cannot carry this kind of article inside the Colosseum.
- PLEASE NOTE: Selfie sticks cannot be used inside the Colosseum for security reasons.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- PLEASE NOTE: Colosseum group tour is not Wheelchair accessible
- For the Vatican Museum guided group tour the meeting point is at Via Leone IV n. 6.
- PLEASE NOTE: A dress code is required to enter places of worship and Vatican museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures. In these cases it is not possible to guarantee access to the Basilica.
- For the River Boat Experience you can choose among 4 embarkation points:River Boat Embarkations Points: POINT A: Isola Tiberina - Lungotevere degli Anguillara side POINT B: S. Angelo Bridge - Lungotevere di Tor Di Nona side POINT C: Ponte Sisto - Lungotevere dei Tebaldi POINT D: Justice Palace - Lungotevere Marzio
- Your boat ticket will be valid for 1,15 hour
- Your tickets will be held by the guide for collection on the day of the tour. You will be required to present this voucher. If you have purchased a discounted option you will be asked to show a photo ID or your ISIC Card in exchange for your tickets.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.