Ritigala, Kala Wewa and Namal Uyana from Dambulla
(SKU: LK60062400) Ritigala is is the highest mountain in the north-central dry plains of Sri Lanka.After you will proceed towards the Kala Wewa which is a lake body fed water by the historical Yoda Canal, an ancient marvel in architecture. Nearby the lake is the infamous Avukana Buddha Statue.Finaly you will reach the Jathika (National) Namal Uyana which is the largest ironwood forest and pink quartz mountain in Asia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- 1-Liter Water Bottles Per Person.
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets.
- Food and beverages
- Entry/Admission - Ritigala Forest Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Kala Wewa Reservoir
- Entry/Admission - Madatugama
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ritigala Forest Monastery, Anuradhapura Sri Lanka
Ritigala can be reached from the turn-off from Habarana- Anuradhapura Road at a distance of 12km from Habarana.
Ritigala Mountain at a height of 766 m above the sea-level is the highest mountain in the north-central dry plains of Sri Lanka. The mountain mass about three miles long and about two miles wide at its widest point is covered with dense jungle inhabited by wild elephants, leopards and bears. It is the watershed of the Malwatu Oya which feeds the Nachaduwa tank and Kalueba Ela which feeds Huruluwewa. The Ritigala Mountain has been declared a Strict Natural Reserve in order to maintain its pristine environment. Ritigala mountain’s cloud cover and mist that cloth it most of the year round has resulted in a flora much more commonly found at the central hills of wet zone than those in the dry plains: the upper part of the mountain is well known for its flora, some of which are rare; it has also a range of wild orchids.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kala Wewa Reservoir, Sri Lanka
Kala Wewa, built by the King Datusena in 307 B.C, is a twin reservoir complex (Kala Wewa & Balalu Wewa) which has a capacity of 123 million cubic meters. This reservoir complex has facilitated with a stone made spillway and three main sluices. From the central major sluice, a 40 feet wide central conveys water to feed thousands of acres of paddy lands and ends at the historical capital Anuradhapura city tank Tissa Wewa meandering over 87 km (54 mi) at a slope of 6 inches per mile and is an another wonder of primeval hydraulic engineering facility in ancient Ceylon.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Madatugama, Sri Lanka
Jathika Namal Uyana is situated in 7kms from Madatugama junction of Colombo-Anuradhapura highway in Sri Lanka. Iron Wood forest is a unique forest in Sri Lanka where the Iron Wood trees dominate the vegetation of the 260 acres of forest. Namal Uyana situated in Dry Zone area in Sri Lanka. In Na tree forest or Namal uyana protects the hot sunlight give its shade to all the small medicinal plants living in its shades and makes the feeling to those who visits Namal Uyana that you are in a cool area, like the coolest place in Sri Lanka
According to the biologists the importance of the Namal Uyana is that it has 102 species of tropical plants of which 82 are herbal plants within 260 acres garden and the forest bordering it. 18 bird species and a number of mammals including elephant, leopard, monkey and deer also dwell in the park and its proximity.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in Dambulla.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.