Rio Botanical Garden and Tijuca Rainforest Jeep Tour
On this four-hour tour in Rio de Janeiro, bask in beautiful Brazilian nature at the Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden and the Tijuca Rainforest. See a variety of exotic plants at the world-famous botanical garden, and ride in a jeep over to the Tijuca Rainforest for an easy, 15-minute hike through the forest, taking in breathtaking sights and looking for wildlife!
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Jeep tour of Tijuca Rainforest
- Eco hike
- Entry/Admission - Botanical Garden
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional da Tijuca
- Entry/Admission - Vista Chinesa
- Entry/Admission - Emperor's Table
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Botanical Garden Ticket
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Botanical Garden, Rua Jardim Botanico 1008 Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-000 Brazil
After pickup from your Rio hotel, your half-day tour begins at the historic Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden. See a variety of exotic plants from all over the planet at this world-famous garden, which is home to water lilies, huge redwood trees, imperial palm trees and a famous greenhouse that houses more than 500 kinds of orchid. The garden also houses fountains, historical monuments and hundreds of birds.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
After your guide picks you up from your hotel in Rio, hop in an open Jeep and buckle up for a fun ride! Drive to the edge of the cityscape and enter Tijuca Forest, located just 10 minutes from the city center. You’ll hear about the important reforestation program of Tijuca National Park and learn the importance of the Mata Atlântica ecosystem — part of the vast and protected Mata Biosphere Reserve, which covers 14 states in Brazil.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cachoeira dos Primatas, Rua Sara Vilela 460, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-180 Brazil
See the beautiful waterfall during the hike
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Vista Chinesa, Estrada Dona Castorina Parque Nacional Da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-320 Brazil
Get a nice perspective from the Tijuca Rainforest. At Vista Chinesa (Chinese View), capture sweeping views of Ipanema and Copacabana beaches, Guanabara Bay and even as far as Niteroi.
The lookout was built between 1902 and 1906. The oriental-style pagoda is a reference in honor of the Chinese who brought tea cultivation to Brazil in the early 19th century.
Made of bamboo and cement, and situated 380 meters above sea level, it is an important tourist spot in the city.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Emperor's Table, Rua Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 21043-080 Brazil
Enjoy the beautiful view of the city, as did the Royal family several times.
It was at this table that Dom Pedro I, when he wanted a meal in the middle of one of the most beautiful views, would leave his residence at Quinta da Boa Vista and, with his cart, would head towards Estrada da Vista China.
At an altitude of 487 meters above sea level, the Emperor's Table is set against stunning views of the city, counteracting urbanization and nature. Stairs surrounding the parapet of the area lead the tourist to the edge of a concrete ramp, making the tourist feel in the midst of a splendid setting.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Capela Mayrink, Rua Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 21043-080 Brazil
Take a short stop at this historical chapel. The little pink chapel in the middle of the woods, 460 meters above sea level, resembles a house of children's history. It was erected in 1860 by the Portuguese banker Viscount de Souto inside his farm, in Tijuca Forest. The Chapel is one of the attractions of Tijuca National Park. Adorn the altar reproductions of panels with holy images of Cândido Portinari. The gardens, as well as the Carrara marble and tiled patio tub with frowning spout, were designed by landscape designer Roberto Burle Marx.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Pepino Beach, Sao Conrado, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
On the way back to the hotel, we will stop at the Pepino Beach to watch the hang gliders.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
* Roundtrip Transfer to Most Hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória, Catete, Barra da Tijuca, Santa Teresa and Downtown* Please call the number on the voucher at least 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your selected activity. The pick up time at your hotel can differ by up to about 45 minutes from the above time, depending on your location. There are cases in which the provider will not be able to pick you up and so an alternative meeting point will be suggested at the time of your call* The neighborhoods of São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória, Catete are within the South Zone, and Santa Teresa and Centro, Downtown
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Bring a bottle of water
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat in case it’s hot
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- Stay tuned to the neighborhood where your hotel is located. There are two pick up options available with different prices.
- The neighborhoods of São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória, Catete are within the South Zone, and Santa Teresa and Centro, Downtown
- Most travelers can participate
- Tickets to the Botanical Garden are not included. Prices are as follows:
- * Entrance fee for foreign visitors: BRL 60.00.
- * Entrance fee for Mercosur visitors: BRL 45.00.
- * Entrance fee for visitors residing in Brazil: BRL 24.00.
- The above prices are subject to change without notice.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Additional measures might be added to our list of procedures as we receive guidance from the local health and safety authorities and as more information becomes available. And some of these restrictions might be lifted at some point in the future if we are authorized to do so by local authorities
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.