Ride in the Countryside Full Day Bike Tour in Battambang
Ride through the countryside to learn about the juxtaposition of tradition and modernity in Cambodian village life. After stopping at a few French colonial architecture sites in town, we will ride the countryside roads and arrive at a rural Muslim village. Here, we will visit families to learn about their everyday life, family history, and traditions. After, we will weave our way along the river roads to a village full of traditional houses. Here you'll learn about the traditional way of living and the changes happening in the Cambodian countryside. You'll also have the chance to speak with an ex-soldier and learn about his past and his work as a fortune teller and healer. After lunch at a family home, we will continue through rice fields and stop at a Buddhist temple to learn about monastic life, before we return back to town.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tuk Tuk pick up in the morning from your hotel
- One drink from Kinyei Cafe before or after the tour
- Friendly, English-speaking local guide
- High quality imported Mountain bike (Giant, Trek, GT)
- A crash course on basic Khmer, the Cambodian language, so you can greet the locals in their language.
- Water and snack along the way
- Cambodian style lunch at a family home
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Drop off at hotel after tour
- After hotel pickup, meet our guide at the Soksabike office. Head out of the city and on the way stop to view one of the best examples of French architecture in Battambang and learn a bit about local history. As you head out through the surrounding villages stop at the old guard tower for Battambang during multiple regimes. Continue into the countryside while riding through forested roads and local villages, you'll even get to cross a Cambodian style suspension bridge. Make stops on your ride to try traditional Cambodian sweets and learn about net weaving in a Muslim village. After a pleasant ride, stop in a local village and learn about traditional building techniques and view different styles of Cambodian architecture. You also get to meet an ex-solider and local healer. Then you'll take a break for lunch in a local family's home. Enjoy the delicious home cooked meal and spend some time relaxing in the hammocks.
After lunch, you get to focus on biking through the beautiful ride fields and country roads. Stop at a Buddhist temple to learn about Buddhist traditions and the daily life on monks. The ride back goes over dirt and paved roads through villages, along a river road and through rice fields until you end up back in town at our office.
This tour is for people who enjoy exercising! The ride is about 42 km. The tour starts at 7:30 and returns around 4:00pm.
Departure Point :Battambang, Battambang, Battambang Province
Traveler pickup is offered
Please let's us know your hotel's name Soksabike Office, Street 1.5 near Psar Nat
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please dress with covered shoulders out of respect for local culture.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.