Retro Osaka Street Food Tour: Shinsekai
The Shinsekai district is unique. Join us on a foodie adventure and travel back in time to this local entertainment district for a taste of vintage Osaka!
Though people visit from across Japan and around the world, this area is still very much a local spot with many shops, restaurants and gaming parlors catering to the everyday laborers who live nearby. Take a stroll with our local expert and discover hidden gems and learn more about the colorful past history of Shinsekai through the years. You will get the chance to try different seasonal and local dishes at 5 different stops. Each item has a long history in the Osaka area.
Shinsekai evokes the SHOWA era in Japan which was full of optimism, growth and a communal sense of building a better future together. There is a lot of romance and nostalgia surrounding this period in modern Japanese history. This vintage neighborhood brings back all the charm of 1910 through the 1960’s, a boom period for Osaka City.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1 Beverage
- Breakfast/Dinner Set
- Local guide
- Try local dishes at 5 food stops
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation costs.
- Additional drinks or food
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tsutenkaku, 1-chōme-18-6 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwa Ward, Osaka, 556-0002, Japan
Let's meet there to start a 3-hour street food tour of Osaka’s Shinsekai District.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Shinsekai, 1 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwaku, Osaka 556-0002 Osaka Prefecture
Taste the true flavors of Osaka dating back to the 1900’s, find out how the locals enjoy shopping and entertainment with an English speaking local, Try local and seasonal dishes at 5 different food stops.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Shinsekai, 1 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwaku, Osaka 556-0002 Osaka Prefecture
Pass By: Billiken Shrine, 3-6-1 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka 556-0002 Osaka Prefecture
Pass By: Janjan Yokocho, 3-chōme-2-4 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwa Ward, Osaka, 556-0002, Japan
Ja Jan Yokocho
Pass By: Isshinji Temple, 2-chōme-8-69 Ōsaka, Tennoji Ward, Osaka, 543-0062, Japan
Pass By: Tower Knives Osaka, 1 Chome-4-7 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwa-Ku, Osaka 556-0002 Osaka Prefecture
Tower Knife Osaka
Pass By: Kuromon Market, 2-chōme-4-1 Nipponbashi, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0073, Japan
Kuromon Ichiba Market
Pass By: Sennariya Coffee, 3-chōme-4-15 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwa Ward, Osaka, 556-0002, Japan
Ending Point - Sennariya Coffee
Departure Point :Tsutenkaku, 1-chōme-18-6 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwa Ward, Osaka, 556-0002, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Vegetarian, Pescetarian friendly
- Not recommended for Vegans and Gluten-free
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.