Restoring an Indigenous Campsite in Kuala Lumpur with Lunch
Travelers on this experience will be contributing to their vision of reviving the village's pioneering campsite by rebuilding the 'pondok' or shelter progressively. Each week will be focusing on different aspects of the basecamp with activities ranging from building the structure, putting up the walls, to weaving the roof using handed-down Semai methods and natural resources from the surrounding forest.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Drinking water and snacks are prepared for travelers. Lunch will be provided but travelers will learn the Orang Asli ways to prepare their own meals.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Traditional Orang Asli equipment. Hosts will provide blowpipes, machetes, and other required items.
What's excluded :
Travelers will embark on a cultural journey where they will explore the secondary rainforest that remain to learn about the significance of nature to the Orang Asli. Father and daughter duo Raman and Jureen will welcome travelers and guide them into their village as the Native hosts. With the forest acting as their backdrop, they will teach you the fundamental skills of foraging, fire starting and basic construction techniques.
After having their self-cooked meals, the day will end with traditional Asli arts, crafts and games. By sharing the deeper roots of Raman and Jureen's culture that link all these practices and artefacts to the modern world, I hope travelers will find their stories worth retelling and help keep them relevant in the world of today.
Departure Point :The Compass by Epic, 20, Jalan PJS 11/18, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.