Remembrance Tour: The Great War in Flanders Fields from Brussels
This is a tour for history buffs! We take you to the scene of the first gas attacks and of the bloodiest battle in Flanders Fields: Passchendaele and Tynecot the world’s largest Commonwealth cemetery. The focus is on the sacrifice of the British, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and American soldiers. We also take you out to France where we visit Vimy Memorial and the trench site. The highlight of the tour is the Last Post Ceremony at Menin Gate in Ypres
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional multilingual guide
- Entry/Admission - In Flanders Fields Museum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up & drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Poppy (1 euro) at In Flanders' Fields Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: In Flanders Fields Museum, Grote Markt 34, Ieper (Ypres) 8900 Belgium
The In Flanders' Fields Museum is a museum in Ypres, Belgium, dedicated to the study of the First World War. It occupies the second floor of the Cloth Hall on the market square in the city centre. The building was largely destroyed by artillery during the war, but was afterwards reconstructed.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Tyne Cot Cemetery, Tynecotstraat, Zonnebeke 8980 Belgium
Zonnebeke is a municipality located in the Belgian province of West Flanders. The municipality comprises the villages of Beselare, Gheluvelt, Passendale, Zandvoorde and Zonnebeke proper.
Pass By: Vladslo German War Cemetery, Houtlandstraat, Diksmuide 8600 Belgium
ladslo German war cemetery is about three kilometres north east of Vladslo, near Diksmuide, Belgium. Established during World War I, the cemetery holds 3,233 wartime burials.
Pass By: Hill 60, Zwarteleenstraat 36-40, Ieper (Ypres) 8902 Belgium
Hill 60 is a World War I battlefield memorial site and park in the Zwarteleen area of Zillebeke south of Ypres, Belgium.
Stop At: Essex Farm Cemetery, east side of the N369 Ieper - Boezinge Rd, Ieper (Ypres) Belgium
This was the dressing station where Dr. John McCrae wrote the famous poem "in Flanders Fields".
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Last Post ceremony, Menin Gate, Ieper (Ypres) Belgium
A daily tribute to all commonwealth soldiers and officers that were missing after battle.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Belluga Restaurant, Rue du Marché Aux Herbes 82, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.