Relive the Rich Jewish Heritage of Istanbul on this Private Guided City Tour
Explore the rich history of the Jewish culture during this private guided tour of Istanbul's Jewish Heritage and how all the religions lived together in peace.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Parking Fees
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Galata Tower
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galata Tower, Buyuk Hendek Cad. 2, Istanbul Turkey
Begin your private Istanbul's Jewish Heritage tour with your pick up from your hotel in Istanbul. Once onboard your vehicle cruise to the old Jewish neighbourhood of Galata and find out how the fourth crusade demolished and captured the area in 1203. Hear how this Istanbul monument was constructed in the 14th century as part of the colonial expansion into Constantinople by the Genoese.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tofre Begadim Askenaz Synagogue, Felek Sok. Eminonu/Cagaloglu, Fatih, Istanbul Turkey
Next stop is the Ashkenaz Synagogue the only active synagogue of its kind in Istanbul. Learn how the Austrian Jews who established it in 1900 for the Ashkenazi Jewish sect. At present, the synagogue still celebrates bar mitzvahs, weddings, other religious ceremonies and is available to visitors and those who wish to pray.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Quincentennial Foundation Museum of Turkish Jews, Bereketzade, Büyük Hendek Cd. No:39, 34421 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Turkey
With your professional guide continue through the Beyoğlu neighbourhood to the Jewish Museum of Turkey known before as the Zülfaris Synagogue. Explore the history of how this 19th-century religious building was rebuilt as a museum in 2001 which was to honour the 500th anniversary of Sephardic Jews arriving at the Ottoman Empire. See how Jewish culture blended with Turkish history in the Museum and learn how Muslims and Jews lived with one another.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: ETZ Ahayim Synagogue, Muallim Naci Cad. No:6 Ortakoy, Besiktas, Istanbul Turkey
Visit Etz Ahayim Synagogue known as the Ortaköy Synagogue. Located in the Beşiktaş district in the neighbourhood of Ortaköy and gain knowledge into how different ethnicities and religions such as Greeks, Turks, Armenians, and Jews were all able to live together in peace during the rule of the Ottoman Empire. Even today this neighbourhood is a perfect example of how all colours and creeds can live in peace.
Leave Ortaköy with new knowledge of Jewish history in Turkey and head back to your hotel where your tour concludes.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off from your Istanbul hotel
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.