Referta Castelejo Levada Walk from Funchal
This is an easy hike and quite pleasant! The scenery is breathtaking and completely different from any other area in Madeira.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Beginning in the area of Refertas, Porto da Cruz, this trail leads hikers through a journey filled with several species of endemic flora and fauna, as well as beautiful landscapes that show some of the beauty and tradition of this island.
In the first part of the journey you can admire the imposing Rock of Penha dÁguia and the picturesque buildings that constitute the nearby villages. You can also enjoy the small plots and agricultural crops, carefully crafted by area residents.
As you move forward begins to emerge the magnificent and abundant vegetation characteristic of this zone, as the Holly (Ilex canariensis), the Barbusano (Appolonias barbujana), the Laurel (Laurus azorica) among many others.
At the end of this walk you will find a beautiful place with small lakes that are formed by the pure and crystalline water brought in by the river. Enjoy all the surroundings and take time to relax for a while. After resetting the energies, it is time to return, following the reverse path.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of Funchal, Av. Sá Carneiro 3, 9000-019 Funchal, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Sports shoes with a good grip or hiking boots.
- Clients must be prepared for all situations due to changing weather conditions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will keep 70% of the capacity of our vehicles and avoid mass tourism. Face masks are available for sale in our offices or please bring your own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.