RedPatrol Communist Driving Tour of Bucharest with Dacia
The Red Patrol Communist Tour of Bucharest is the out of the box private tour of Bucharest that sends you back in time by driving a fully restored Romanian classic car from the 70′-80’s!
A private tour of Bucharest by car of 3 hours that crosses the city landmarks like The Palace of Parliament (Casa Poporului), The Revolution Square, Victoria Socialismului Boulevard, (The Champs-Élysées of Ceausescu), the Romanian Communist Party Headquarter, Casa Presei and many others.
You will discover in a 30 km city circuit the fancy boulevards of Bucharest while driving by yourself (or with a private driver) a fully restored Romanian Dacia 1300/1310 from the 70’s-80’s.
You will hop on or hop of the car on the main landmarks of the circuit, you’ ll get the best photo shots of your travel, and you will hear the most amazing life stories that portray the way a real comrade lived in the Communist era in Bucharest.
You will attract the eyes of everybody walking on the streets!
per adult from
180 to 210 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Bucharest
- Professional local guide in your car
- You drive a fully restored Dacia car from the 80’s
- Tour newspaper
- Tour personalized gift
- Private driver included ( if you do not want to drive)
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - House of the Free Press
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei)
- Entry/Admission - Casa Radio
- Entry/Admission - Academia Română
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Parliament
- Entry/Admission - House of Ceauşescu
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei), Calea Victoriei Boulevard, Bucharest Romania
The place where Communism started & ended in Romania
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Casa Radio, Strada Știrbei Vodă, București, Romania
- The exploration of the Communist Ghost Palace of Bucharest ;
- Stop for stories & photos
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Academia Română, Calea 13 Septembrie nr. 13, București, Romania
The Socialist Academy Of Romania Ghost Palace Building. Brief presentation and pictures.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Palace of Parliament, Strada Izvor 2-4, Bucharest 050711 Romania
The 2nd world's larges administrativ house of Bucharest
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: National Library of Romania, Bulevardul Unirii 22, București 030833, Romania
Exploration of the Communist quarter blocks of flats.
Pass By: Piata Universitatii, Bucharest Romania
The exploration the city center . Panoramic tour of the largest city boulevard buit from the early XXth century
Pass By: Piața Victoriei, București, Romania
- Exploration of the Residential Quarter of Bucharest. The Palace of The Romanian Government
Pass By: Bulevardul Aviatorilor, București, Romania
Exploration of the Residential area of Bucharest buit in the early XXth century. Panoramic tour.
Stop At: House of Ceauşescu, Bulevardul Primăverii 50, București 014192, Romania
The private residence of Nicolae Ceausescu . Brief presentation .
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Triumph Arch, Piata Arcul de Triumf, Bucharest Romania
Presentation of Romania's unification monument .
Stop At: House of the Free Press, 1, Piata Presei Libere, Bucharest Romania
Exploration of the communist press palace area.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Parcul Kiseleff, Soseaua Kiseleff, Bucharest Romania
Exploration of the city parks & promenade area
Pass By: Victoriei Street, Bucharest Romania
Exploration of the famous promenade avenue of the 40s Bucharest .
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up available from all addresses from Bucharest
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring your ID card and driving license with you at the tour
- If you want to drive, please be sure to provide a driver with a valid driving license on the date of the tour!
- Dacia 1300/1310 is a 70- 80’s classics car that do not include AC, ABS,GPS navigation servo-direction or automatic gear drive.
- All the cars provided by The Red Patrol Tour of Duty are fully restored classics that meet fully the safety traffic regulations.
- Take with in the day of the tour a comfortable outfit for driving (2.30-3 Hours).
- The Red Patrol Tour of Duty provides quality and safe conditions tours with fully restored vehicles and we do not allow the participation with pets or children under 10 years old.
- Tour hours are 10.00,14.00 and 20.00, please choose one spot at the time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All sales are final and incur a 100% Cancellation Fee
- During wintertime our cars are heated !
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.